Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 10th August 2007

Associate
rich99million said:
... ... Time to chase me down a KE1HA! :D
Just noticed you slipped this one in uncle rich !!!! I don't know what my daily output ppd wise will be yet, but rest assured, it will be in the order of 3.5K to 4.0K ppd. I've also got another iron in the fire that could present me with another (6) Linux SMP clients, so if that happens, look for a target daily average of 8-10K ...

Bottom line, I'll let you borrow a few (temporarily) if you feel the need to STOMP somebody :D

Well done to all on the contribs !! moving onward and upwards we are !!!

Soldato
OP
lol - I think I posted that the morning of the day you announced your return :o :p

I need over 500k points for my next stomp so I think I'm stuck for a while :D
Just gonna see how long I can keep the rampaging hordes from my back :eek:

Associate
Thanks for the news Mr Millions:)

Not a bad week as I was over 5K but I will give up 8th to Viking this week after reinstalling Windows & losing 3 days of SMP goodness.

I'm about to be Biffa'ed:( God know what Majorpart will do to me when he comes thundering past with his new rig:eek:

Fold on Team 10

Man of Honour
Pilgrim57 said:
I'm about to be Biffa'ed:(

Yes, sorry about that :D Seems my re-jigged hardware is paying dividends:

My 24h average puts me at #9 in the team with the lowest number of WUs and total points.

My weekly total puts me at #4 in the team! :eek: :cool:

Associate
Biffa said:
Yes, sorry about that :D Seems my re-jigged hardware is paying dividends:

My 24h average puts me at #9 in the team with the lowest number of WUs and total points.

My weekly total puts me at #4 in the team! :eek: :cool:

Well do that man! All grist to the Team 10 mill.

Man of Honour
Pilgrim57 said:
Well do that man! All grist to the Team 10 mill.

Sure is..

2nd_weekly_prod.jpg

Oops make that 2nd in weekly production!! :p

Of course I know it won't last but hey its been a while since I was up in the charts at any crunching :)

Associate
Biffa said:
Sure is..

2nd_weekly_prod.jpg

Oops make that 2nd in weekly production!! :p

Of course I know it won't last but hey its been a while since I was up in the charts at any crunching :)

Enjoy your time in the sun & bask in the glory produced by your crunching - give yrself a pat on the back:)

Associate
Biffa said:
Got 1% to go on another 1760 :) Then I think thats me for the day.
Biffa ... I remember back a few months / yrs .. that 1760 points was a weeks work for allot of people, now it's a matter of expectation / routine.

Hopefully the science benefits from these large WU's as much as we all seem to enjoy watching the our points tally skyrocket.

Man of Honour
KE1HA said:
Biffa ... I remember back a few months / yrs .. that 1760 points was a weeks work for allot of people, now it's a matter of expectation / routine.

Hopefully the science benefits from these large WU's as much as we all seem to enjoy watching the our points tally skyrocket.

Nah I don't give a toss about the science its all in the points for me :p

Oh and the team of course :cool: ;)

Soldato
KE1HA said:

They are more beneficial for the science. But I think the points are too skewed in favour of the SMP clients. When you can get ten times as many points from a dual-core SMP rig as you can from running standard clients, systems that can't run SMP aren't really worth folding on if you care about points. And if you get people turning ten single-core rigs off to run one SMP system, that can't be beneficial for anything.

Soldato
OP
Mattus said:
And if you get people turning ten single-core rigs off to run one SMP system, that can't be beneficial for anything.
Except maybe our pockets and the planet :p

I agree though - even with the frequent lost WUs some people suffer with the SMP clients they have skewed the points system rediculously. This may be addressed when v6 arrives (if ever) I guess - if anyone still owns a single-core PC by then :o

Man of Honour
rich99million said:
Except maybe our pockets and the planet :p

Amen Rich... thats why I switched all my single CPU athlons crunchers over to a single Quad core box. Saved a fortune in lectrickery and I'm able to thumb my noses and fart in the general direction of the green balmy brigade :D

Back
Top Bottom