Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 14th September 2007

Soldato
you PS3 should not be able to touch the rig in your sig if you're using the SMP client on it

I was thinking that too. :confused:

Anyway, Team 10 continues to excell :D but my hard work to get 4 C2D all folding 24/7 over the weekend was scuppered by the others in the office :(

So in the end it was just my home machine an my workstation on 24/7 - still good for over 3k ppd so mustn't grumble, will try harder next weekend and put some space between myself and cob.

Berlin was great btw - would highly recomend it ;)

and as every - many thanks for the news rich and welcome call you new folders.

Soldato
you PS3 should not be able to touch the rig in your sig if you're using the SMP client on it - if you're using two standard clients on it you want to think about changing

smp client?? i just downloaded the little doohikcy mcthingy from the folding homepage and clicked start.

my ps3 averages about a wu every 7.45 hours my pc is currently 1290/1500 through a wu with end expected in 4 days and 9 hours.... so what have i done wrong?

Soldato
OP
smp client?? i just downloaded the little doohikcy mcthingy from the folding homepage and clicked start.

my ps3 averages about a wu every 7.45 hours my pc is currently 1290/1500 through a wu with end expected in 4 days and 9 hours.... so what have i done wrong?

Ahh right - well you've not done anything wrong but you can get a whole shed-load more points out of your C2D machine by using the SMP client which will use both cores of your machine to work on the one unit and should easily get you double the points per day that your PS3 is currently giving you.
The SMP FAQ should tell you everything you need to know but if you get stuck don't be afraid to ask :)

I should add that due to the extra short deadlines your PC will have to be on most of the time (that's one of the reasons the WUs are worth so many more points) to make sure it meets them.

Soldato
Nice work guys and thanks Rich! I'm amazed by how far the team's come in the last few months - when I was planning my C2D-powered assault on the top 20 you only needed 500ppd to get there but now a quad is pretty much necessary :( :D

A statistic from EOF: the average PPD of our active members is 1180. I don't think many teams can top that!

Fold on team 10!

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Anyway, Team 10 continues to excell :D but my hard work to get 4 C2D all folding 24/7 over the weekend was scuppered by the others in the office :(
*Retrieves stomping boots from the wardrobe.

So in the end it was just my home machine an my workstation on 24/7 - still good for over 3k ppd so mustn't grumble, will try harder next weekend and put some space between myself and cob.
*Doesn't lace them up just incase.

Soldato
Nice build log biffa (not sure how I missed that) was tempted to go with the Zalman Reserator myself - as I'm planning on mounting all my rig on the wall (away from little button loving fingers :D) but the swiftech would solves the pipes issue I'd have....

Anyway what with the weekend in germany and the house and car insurance up for renewal this month its not happening any time soon :(

Back
Top Bottom