Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 19th April 2007

Soldato
2bullish said:
Well my outputs risen but is still short of optimum

Doh! that will be why you keep gaining on me at the same rate dispite my increseing output.

On that front +16k, 400k tiffy and a stomp to boot \0/ and next week should be even better :D (if it wasn't for the new members list I'll be matching stan for news entries)
weridly Lemonan is almost excactly 10% of Lemonam and joint top single core cruncher :D

16 . _Viking_ - 1,648
17 . divinemadness - 1,648
18 . lemonan - 1,648 - (attack of the clones)
19 . LigerZer - 1,648 - (attack of the clones II) :D

Nice work team - looks as if the improved WU's for the standard client have affected everyone output :cool:

Appoliges for the fragmented writing above - and many thanks to Rich for the 'good' news

Edit: @ stan (and other remote farm uses) I may be able to help you with your remote monitoring of your farm when away - I've been getting friendly with another team (don't worry I'm not going to defect for a number of reasons) but they have a really good web based Fah-monitor that they are happy to share with other teams (well just me at present) but now team ten is on their server extra members aren't a problem. Anyway if your intrested drop me a mail (in trust)
To be honest they'd probably be ok with all of use using it (but only really useful to remote farms where Fahmon 2.2 can't be used) - but I don't want to push my luck at this time - it also has only limited smp functionality see screen shot below but does show progress or changes colour if stopped.
Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had two net failures for over the last couple of weeks meaning the farm was pretty much stuffed for a bit. :( Managed to get it all sorted but it's really put me behind. Gutted, but at least we're up and running again now. :)

Soldato
Nice tiffys, people!

I'm back in business - a little anyway. I'm back on regular clients on my X2, as winSMP keeps giving me client communication errors and deleting units :mad:. I'm hopefully going to be borging some friends PCs - a E6600 and maybe 2 x P4 3.0 :).

Soldato
Unstable? ive been running the WinSMP with no issues using the above script and its rock solid...

Could it be the SMP is pushing your overclock making it unstable rather than the client?

Soldato
Some computers do seem to have issues. Took several WUs before I actually managed to finish one. I even backed off my OC and was still getting issues.

I think I read somewhere that before restarting folding you should run the install.bat again then start fah.

Soldato
DreederOcUK said:
Unstable? ive been running the WinSMP with no issues using the above script and its rock solid...
I've stopped running the winSMP client due to this reason. I just get a pile of communication errors and deleted work units, which obviously isn't helpful to the science. The PC is an X2 3800, not overclocked and stable as a rock, currently running two normal windows CLI clients without a problem.

Soldato
main issues for SMP here are
no service install
client shutdown doesn't work properly
upload/download issues
random lockups (ie, seems to be working, is using CPU time but just sits at X %)
I know its beta
but they are still a pain
also it doesn't really work well with EVE does it dreeder ;)

Soldato
VeNT said:
also it doesn't really work well with EVE does it dreeder ;)

I must be missing something here... my WinSMP client is not even noticable, it just sits there in the background and happily crunches away, playing Eve all day doesnt affect my PPD and running FAH doesnt affect my FPS in Eve...

The client core communication issues are down to it lossing a net connection, for some weird and wonderful reason if you disconnect your net connection the client tends to die and loss the unit it was processing at the time, luckily being on NTL/VM BB my connection is fixed 24/7 and i dont have that issue.

Soldato
DreederOcUK said:
The client core communication issues are down to it lossing a net connection, for some weird and wonderful reason if you disconnect your net connection the client tends to die and loss the unit it was processing at the time, luckily being on NTL/VM BB my connection is fixed 24/7 and i dont have that issue.
Pass - I'm on my college LAN, which never goes up or down. The problems I was having with that were after I updated the client to the lastest version. Before that, it would get work but stop crunching when it attempted to autosend units every now and then, shutting down some of the tasks in TaskMan but keeping the CPU at 100%. It definitely wasn't going anywhere from that point and the WU could never be restarted. :confused:

Soldato
Two pieces of good news from me today:

1: I have bought some blank CDs for the first time in years so I can get on with installing Feisty tonight and get back to SMP foldy type business.

2: A friend of mine has his PS3 folding for Team10. I don't know what username, if any, he has chosen but he should already be in the stats as he dumped a WU earlier today :)

Associate
DreederOcUK said:
I must be missing something here... my WinSMP client is not even noticable, it just sits there in the background and happily crunches away, playing Eve all day doesnt affect my PPD and running FAH doesnt affect my FPS in Eve...

have lost more than 1 unit to Eve, unit just gets stuck in loop, task manager says 100% per percentage of work done stops moving - restart unit and it ends early.

Back
Top Bottom