Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 20th September 2007

Soldato
Team 10 officially has a new Q6600 :D

As predicted my current WU didn't die a horrible death!

I shall commence overclocking this beastie in a few days, as I want to make sure there are no problems [and to see if my Ninja is up to the job!]

Soldato
Nice one SB - if it wasn't for that overspec'ed e6600 server you could join the SCQL*

Also the Ultra 120 extreme on special this week :cool:
was very tempted myself but saving for a watercooled Q6600 :D

* single cruncher quad league

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nice work SB - gawd bless all who crunch on her :D

In other news...

mr99million has gone and got himself a new job :eek:
Probably gonna be Christmas time before I can sensibly think about upgrading my main rig so if there's some price drops due around then or not too long after that'll probably be the sweet spot for me.

In the meantime the news should be undisturbed and I'm finally having a proper look into automating some of the more time-consuming parts, particularly the bits that are susceptible to tired eyes after a long day. :cool:

Soldato
Team 10 officially has a new Q6600 :D]
Not to steal your glory or anything, but ...

... tomorrow should bring a Q6600 G0, Abit IP35 Pro, 2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500C5. My ageing (and recently deceased) X2 3800+ system is above to receive a makeover! Tasty!

Last edited:
Associate
Hey booyaka congratulations to you and the missus, hope the little one isnt keeping you up too much, best feeling in the world but can get a little tiring when you dont get much sleep.

Wise choice for a birthday present Sirius hope your quad clocks well. Just to let you know my remaining Opty 165 uses more leccy than a quad core2.

Well done Rich looks like that job finally turned up, good luck hope it goes well, and thanks for your usual weekly run down keeping us all informed and up to date.

Congratulations Whitestar on breaking 4 million, sorry its a bit late but work has been busy. Keep those pcs folding Ive started building a Quad Farm.

Well done Team 10, its already huge output just keeps growing, long may it continue to do so :)

Soldato
Hey! :p

I already have a case, hdd, psu, dvd-drive and the processor. Just need mobo, ram and a cooler.

Probably be about 200 quid all in - 200 quid I don't have. :D

Back
Top Bottom