Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 29th November 2007

Soldato
OP
Yes if the individual stomps can be worked out and the tiffies then that will take care of the vast majority of the news anyway. I'm happy to do the team radar bit manually as to automate that would be a whole new mission.

All in all even with the odd extra things I do each week it should end up more like a 20-30min job than the current 1hr at best with a following breeze :)

Soldato
Regardless of where rich gets his stats, it is still a long boring job of copying and pasting 150+ names and points.

My stats generator aims to produce most of the news in seconds.

Soldato
Been a while since I was in here :eek:

Still run folding on my laptop and was pleased to see I got my 25k the other week which is cool. Dad just upgraded his rig so I might have to sneakily install it on there as it runs 24/7 and is a dual core. My 1.6 centrino really struggles these days so I might have to splash out on an imac soon :D. Are they any good for folding or should i stick with PC?

Soldato
The foldy performance is down to the CPU. If the imac has a decent Dual-Core you could see some good results with the OSX SMP Client.

The only issue is the heat and noise.

Soldato
I'm (err, sort of) folding on an iMac 1.83Ghz Core Duo (the original Intel). Its good for about 800 ppd with good SMP work units. Not much by todays Quad standards, but the iMac power consumption is very low and while it does get warm, operation is very quiet. Great folding boxes in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom