Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 2nd September 2005

Associate
Ooooo in the news :)

Haven't been in a news post for a loooong time.

My my main rig has been off since 6ish as the temps were getting waaay too high so gave it a clean out!

Put it all back together and now I have a problem with the northbridge fan making a right racket and vibrating so that'll have to be turned off until I get a replacement. It was stopped when I took the cover off the case :eek:

On the bright side I have managed to put another rig together only a old sdr Athlon but t'is better than nothing. That should be up tomorrow, gotta sleep.

Staffy

Associate
Staffy said:
Put it all back together and now I have a problem with the northbridge fan making a right racket and vibrating so that'll have to be turned off until I get a replacement.

Staffy

An8 SLI mobo is it?? Mine did the same ages ago, I just unplugged it :)

Until I got my WC kit, which by the way was a load of rubbish! Load temps of 70C :eek: :eek:

Associate
Thanks for the warm welcome.

So far the wife has not complained that my PC is on 24/7, even though the "IT" room is in the mid 30's!.

Would it be cheeky to use F@H on a friends PC while it's in for repair?

I might need to extensively test it for a week or so, purely to test it for overheating problems!

Chronicfathead

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
hehe welcome :)

Whilst the machine is in your care i see no problem at all with running Folding@Home on it, a far more thorough stress test than Prime95 (though maybe not as easy to troubleshoot). Once the machine goes back to him you would really need permission otherwise you invalidate the Stanford License Agreement which states you need permission to run it.

Of course how you word the "request" is totally up to you :D
I favour the whispering round the corner from them and then waiting to see if they have any objections :p

Back
Top Bottom