Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 3rd May 2007

Soldato
thanks for the news

straight in at the number one slot :eek: :eek:

This Week's Top Stompers

booyaka - 515

Can someone explain what this (Stomping?) relates to? (sorry for sounding thick!)

I understand the 68th place for points etc

Thanks for the welcome

Been crunching away for nearly 24hours on a 248 pointer on one core :mad: and a 678 pointer on the other :D !

Don
booyaka said:
thanks for the news

straight in at the number one slot :eek: :eek:

This Week's Top Stompers

booyaka - 515

Can someone explain what this (Stomping?) relates to? (sorry for sounding thick!)

I understand the 68th place for points etc

Thanks for the welcome

Been crunching away for nearly 24hours on a 248 pointer on one core :mad: and a 678 pointer on the other :D !

Its how many people you 'overtake' (stomp) when you start off you overtake a lot of people because most of them are now inactive (slackers)

Stelly

Associate
ms9cw said:
So will I! :) At this rate, I think both you and I will be joining the Six-Digit Club some time in July. :D

ms9cw

Wonder if we'll get a badge.:)

Stelly said:
Its how many people you 'overtake' (stomp) when you start off you overtake a lot of people because most of them are now inactive (slackers)

Stelly

Slackers......Oh hum, cough.....Or folks with teething problems....:)

Associate
divine_madness said:
Out of interest, what are pmbuzz and _Viking_ running? More so I can pitch how well my 3500+ is performing and whether I ought to cut down on the games and movies :p

Don't know about him, but I'm folding on one core of my Athlon64x2 4200, hope that helps....

;)

Soldato
Stelly said:
Teething problems, no excuse... they are scum ;)

Stelly

Scum is a tad harsh - some of the us regulars have old compertition ID's down in the depths ;)

And slackers is usually reserved for active members (that you've just stomped) No real point addressing an inactive member

But more importantly - 1 MILL !!!!! :cool:
Just kept myself in the top 20 but OMG Cob woops me and Unforgiven is right on my tail and they only have ONE PC! (nice work guys).

anyway will have 3 SMP units finishing today so that should give next weeks score a boost :D and keep snap and 2bull off my back a little longer - first one to 500k :D

Welcome to all the new members - any problems or observations just ask.
And as ever many thanks for the news rich

Don
shadowscotland said:
Scum is a tad harsh - some of the us regulars have old compertition ID's down in the depths ;)

And slackers is usually reserved for active members (that you've just stomped) No real point addressing an inactive member

But more importantly - 1 MILL !!!!! :cool:
Just kept myself in the top 20 but OMG Cob woops me and Unforgiven is right on my tail and they only have ONE PC! (nice work guys).

anyway will have 3 SMP units finishing today so that should give next weeks score a boost :D and keep snap and 2bull off my back a little longer - first one to 500k :D

Welcome to all the new members - any problems or observations just ask.
And as ever many thanks for the news rich

I was only joking with the word scum mate :)

Stelly

Soldato
Stelly said:

Stelly

cheers boss! - simple eh?

Will try and crank it up but that bloody 274 pointer was annoying me! :mad:

Soldato
Stelly said:
I was only joking with the word scum mate :)
that is what the wink was for after all ;) :D
booyaka said:
Will try and crank it up but that bloody 274 pointer was annoying me! :mad:
Some of the smaller points WU's actually have higher Points Per Day (PPD) scrores - Fahmon will tell you - but it's the luck of the draw I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom