Football Banter Thread

Soldato
Mourinho took Carvalho with him to Chelsea for £20 odd million. Deco moved to Barca, not sure how much he was, Deco was a relative unknown though who was only playing for the Porto B's before Mourinho made him his star player, don't quote me on that but i think that's how it went down.

Don
It wasn't. Deco was a regular in the Porto side well before Mourinho took over. Just looking through that Porto side, does anybody remember Carlos Alberto? He was the 1 player from that side who I thought looked really special and would become a star but his career nosedived after that season.

Soldato
Ok, maybe it's someone else i'm thinking of then, but i'm pretty sure i've read something about Deco and Mourinho where he invigorated his career, maybe it was a position change or something, or a formation change where he got the best out of him, actually i think it is that, I think Mourinho went 4-4-2 diamond and put Deco in the hole

Just looking through that Porto side, does anybody remember Carlos Alberto?

Homesick maybe? looking at his wiki seems to suggest that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thats not quite what happened. The players were approached immediately after the victory and stopped from posing with the A City United banner for charity. They reacted angrily to the official who couldn't wait 9 seconds for one photo. Sounds like he was on a bit of a power trip. We're going to appeal apparently.

Don
After Trent Alexander Arnold scored yesterday, Jamie Carragher tweeted a picture of him with a 9 year old Trent when he was mascot for Liverpool's game with Leeds. Today it turns out that 9 year old Trent wasn't actually Trent but another black kid from Liverpool's academy at the time :o

To be fair, this kid is the spitting image of Alexander Arnold.

Back
Top Bottom