Football Banter Thread

Associate
What about someone like Berahino? He was forced to flee the country he was born in at the age of 10.

Personally, I think you should have to have qualified for nationality of a country by the age of 16 to play for them.

A very fair point with someone in his position but for Januaz to play for England would be a farce.

Wilshere was bang on when he said "The only people who should play for England are English people... If you live in England for five years it doesn't make you English.''

Same with any country for sporting purposes. If I moved to Spain it doesn't make me Spanish.

He then has to apologise.. for what ?

Nationality should be protected for international sporting events or it turns them into a farce.

Don
James Richardson's intro to this weeks Football Weekly podcast referring to Giggs's first game in charge of Utd:

Will he do wonders for their form away from home where he's certainly enjoyed relative success in the past and how ironic is it that in a game with Norwich it's the United man who's famous for sleeping with his family.

:D

Associate
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/s526x395/10308337_832298150132038_7278831400569283637_n.jpg[IMG]

[COLOR="Yellow"]**No hotlinking please.**[/COLOR]

Caporegime
Villa will learn their takeover fate after Sunday's match. Learner obviously lying though as Kenwright says nobody buys football clubs. :/

Back
Top Bottom