Football Games

Football games seem to addict people by being gambling loot boxes now rather than actual gameplay being something you can just pick up and have fun with

Damn, such a bummer
No good football games in a long time

That's why I still find myself playing PES 1-6 (all of them) for varying degrees of arcade+sim gameplay. They combined the two concepts really well somehow, and it's never been reached again since. FIFA early on into their ultimate team idea ventures were chasing a simulation like experience as well so FIFA 08 and 09 we're a good mix of this as well, before the FUT money became too good to ignore.

I wish one of the older titles would get remastered even if it has to lose all the licenses but it's never been done before, for a sports game sadly.

PES2021 is the current pinnacle of footy sims imo. It gets the fundamentals of first touch (soft,medium,hard) and using momentum to wrong-foot defenders really well. But, we need next gen animations and physics calculations as all recent footy games are swamped with glitchy transitions and plain wrong/impossible turns, passes, shots, touches, etc.
In some ways pre motion capture PESes where more true (although far from perfect as well).

I think EA already have the tech to utilise everything you're asking for, but no reason to with UT being so popular. I wish they'd make a hardcore (sim mode) and utilise all the technology they have at their disposal.

At least 2 more games are coming to market in the next couple of years, so some fresh competition is coming even if they're not a threat to FC to begin with.

Football games seem to addict people by being gambling loot boxes now rather than actual gameplay being something you can just pick up and have fun with
In no way EA sports was perfect with FIFA but at one point they did at least seem to try with career mode and features etc.
Now they just laser focused on getting everyone playing Ultimate team to sell you loot packs.

UFL open beta 26th August

if you join their discord can get into private beta testing also :)

to help improve the game further.

(Console only for now)

but apparently will be able to wishlist on steam soon and maybe out before end of year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom