Football Manager 2006 or Championship Manager 2006

Caporegime
Joined
6 Dec 2005
Posts
37,564
Location
Birmingham
Which one should i get? Ive always been a fan of Champ man but since SI changed over to Football Manager, Champ man has gone down hill.
 
Associate
Joined
10 Mar 2004
Posts
1,012
Location
Leeds
kola said:
easy its CM 06






Only joking lol dont. FM is far better :D

I was about to tear into you when I read the first bit. Then I continued reading and couldn't agree more.
CM is for the idiots who don't know what's going on with Eidos and SI, FM is for winners
 
Soldato
Joined
7 Mar 2005
Posts
19,264
Location
LU7
Arpegius said:
I was about to tear into you when I read the first bit. Then I continued reading and couldn't agree more.
CM is for the idiots who don't know what's going on with Eidos and SI, FM is for winners
Same here. I saw "CM" and thought, Nooooooooooooooooo don't do it. Thankfully I read on and saw the joke. Phew.

I've tried demos of the last two CMs and they are both appalling. I can't believe a company could release software like that. The current CM series since SI and Eidos split makes FM look like the best software EVER made.

The editor with FM is pretty good; oh dear did I really remove the loan from Man Utd? Ah well, bit more money for transfers then I 'spose.:p;)
 
Soldato
Joined
26 Nov 2005
Posts
3,839
Location
Doon the Bay (Newcastle)
Feel sorry for CM, FM own them, and will continue to do so.

The 1st release when they split was so important, get anything wrong and you'll never recover the loyalty of those who went the other way.

CM might as well stop making the game, no one in their right mind wants it.

Its like being offered a cole pint of san miguel, or a thimble of water for the same price, which one you gonna drink?

But then, some people never drink, those people buy CM.
 
Soldato
Joined
7 Mar 2005
Posts
19,264
Location
LU7
dokko said:
Feel sorry for CM, FM own them, and will continue to do so.

The 1st release when they split was so important, get anything wrong and you'll never recover the loyalty of those who went the other way.

CM might as well stop making the game, no one in their right mind wants it.

Its like being offered a cole pint of san miguel, or a thimble of water for the same price, which one you gonna drink?

But then, some people never drink, those people buy CM.
You know those massive warning stickers that the Government make tobacco manufacturers put on packets of cigarettes? They ought to make Eidos put one on CM games, "This is NOT the real deal. SI Games and the FM series is the ONLY solution for football management fans"

That'd go some way to sorting out the problem. Most people who are fans of footie management games will hopefully know about the CM/FM differences and know which path to choose but don't you feel sorry for those who asks their parents or relatives to get them a footie management game? And not knowing about games they see CM first and get that, thinking they've got the right game.
 
Soldato
Joined
26 Nov 2005
Posts
3,839
Location
Doon the Bay (Newcastle)
MarcLister said:
You know those massive warning stickers that the Government make tobacco manufacturers put on packets of cigarettes? They ought to make Eidos put one on CM games, "This is NOT the real deal. SI Games and the FM series is the ONLY solution for football management fans"

That'd go some way to sorting out the problem. Most people who are fans of footie management games will hopefully know about the CM/FM differences and know which path to choose but don't you feel sorry for those who asks their parents or relatives to get them a footie management game? And not knowing about games they see CM first and get that, thinking they've got the right game.

LOL

Yeah, gotta feel sorry for them, but then again, thats what reviews are for.

I've got not idea of 90% of the games out there at the moment, and when i go buy one, research it to death 1st, still you may not like it for personal preference, but buying CM instead of FM would be gutting.

I remember when me mam bought my some daft action figure toys when i was younger, and it was the Turtles everyone wanted, that kind of dissapointment sticks, even 14 years later.
 
Soldato
Joined
7 Mar 2005
Posts
19,264
Location
LU7
Loki said:
Anyone got any particular players who you always buy or a team you always play ?
Always play as Man Utd. Always buy Diego, Vincent Kompany, Tomas Sivok and Francisco Guillermo Ochoa immediately after taking control of the club. I also can normally buy Sebastien Frey straight away but I have to wait a season for him to finish a loan.

I go for Cristian Chivu, Rafinha, Silva, Cesar Delgado, Javier Mascherano and Mauro Esposito in the seasons after as I have money and opportunity to get them.
 
Back
Top Bottom