For fans of Peter Molyneux, Masters of Albion.

His last good game was 20 years ago. While I hold those games in high esteem, particularly Dungeon Keeper, he has thrashed is reputation with Godus, and I will not pay for anything of his unless it is fully released and working.
Doesnt make him a scammer though, which is my point. Theres a huge difference between someone who doesnt make games as good as they used to and made a right stinker and someone who is a scammer.

Doesnt make him a scammer though, which is my point. Theres a huge difference between someone who doesnt make games as good as they used to and made a right stinker and someone who is a scammer.
Nope, but making a kickstarter game then adding steam early access, before switching it to a freemium phone game does.

What was that game with the child he demonstrated? It was all faked, it's literally only just becoming possible with LLM AIs

Every game in the last 20 years he's been involved with has been hyped to kingdom come by his half truths and outright lies :cry:

That makes him a scammer look what happened to the winner
Still doesnt make him a scammer imo, for me a scammer has to be someone who sets out right from the start to actually scam. The crappyness and poor revenue of Godus then meaning that said winner didnt get what was originally set out, imo doesnt make it a scam, what would make it a scam would be if Godus had turned a good profit and the winner still didnt get their due because that would show that the intent right from its inception was to scam the winner.

Every game in the last 20 years he's been involved with has been hyped to kingdom come by his half truths and outright lies :cry:
Over hype and half truths and lies still doesnt make him a scammer imo. Not unless we are going to say that No Mans Sky was also a scam for all those same reasons. Imo people throw the word scam about incorrectly, just as they throw the word hacker (exploiting or cheating is not hacking for example) around or the word masterpiece (something being really good doesnt make it a masterpiece)..its hyperbole imo. As I say, for something to be a scam or a person to be a scammer, the thing in question has to have been done from the start with the intention to scam.

New game from Peter Molyneux set in the world of Fable, Albion. It's a Godlike simulator similar to Black and White, with a hint of Dungeon Keeper? Looks like it could be a lot of fun, hopefully keeps the humour of his previous games. Straight on my wish list.

Interesting. I'll keep an eye on it, but I'm afraid that Molyneux has made as many disappointing messes as classic masterpieces. It could be awesome, but it could also be another game with interesting ideas and promise that fails to deliver.

He's still going? Must be like 150 years old!

He's 65, don't forget how young computer games are. People like him who were in the their early 20s when they started making games in the 8-bit era are only reaching retirement age now: Hideo Kojima is 60, Will Weight is 64, Sid Meier is 70, Shigeru Miyamoto is 71, etc.

He's 65, don't forget how young computer games are. People like him who were in the their early 20s when they started making games in the 8-bit era are only reaching retirement age now: Hideo Kojima is 60, Will Weight is 64, Sid Meier is 70, Shigeru Miyamoto is 71, etc.
Yeah its one of the things that people forget, I'm always shocked when I look back at some of my favourite Spectrum games from the early 80s and upon looking up the game creator I discover they were only 17 at the time (sometimes younger even !)

Must've had a rough paper round. I remember seeing an article with his photo in PC Gamer in like 2004. He looked in his late 50's then.

Last edited:
Jeez, what a crock of ****.

Molyneux is a millionaire, could have given the guy a few grand at least for his trouble.

Pretty scummy.
That bit I can agree with, pretty crappy not to have stuck his hand in his pocket and given the kid a little something, even just 5k would have been huge to an 18 year old

Back
Top Bottom