Ford Edge Titanium - anyone got one? What do you think of the ride?

Soldato
Try driving a Auto car with a foot operated handbrake.

The noise it makes when you come to a junction and put the clutch down. Only for it to be the foot/handbrake......

Soldato
My wife could never really get hang of clutch and gears although she had manual for years - When we downsized to one car I insisted on auto (Been auto man since my second car ) she was worried about driving auto - once she had done a few days she found it wonderful until she hit throttle instead of brake and head butted her sisters front door. - took a while to get her back on auto but I think she is there - I am still worried sick when she goes to her sisters.

Soldato
Had my titanium lux auto for around 7 or 8 months now but will be changing soon.

I would definitely recommend getting an auto with the LED lights. I've read many complaints about the standard light but the led lights are really good.

With regards to the seats I'm not sure if you drove one with the cloth seats but I've never had a problem with the lux pack.

The car is not suited to being a manual. It's a big comfy cruiser and even though mines remapped to a supposedly 250bhp it's not that quick. I think it's just about quick enough for what it is.

The main gripe I have is the stupid red led lights in front of the driver where the windscreen meets the dash. It's for warning for cars in front of you stopping or being too close. It's very sensitive at its lowest setting and very bright at night when activated.

I dont personally like the front end of the titanium so I've changed it to the sport front end which I think looks much meaner.

Any more questions about the car let me know.

I've been offered £24k for mine px in March.

Associate
OP
Had my titanium lux auto for around 7 or 8 months now but will be changing soon.

I would definitely recommend getting an auto with the LED lights. I've read many complaints about the standard light but the led lights are really good.

With regards to the seats I'm not sure if you drove one with the cloth seats but I've never had a problem with the lux pack.

The car is not suited to being a manual. It's a big comfy cruiser and even though mines remapped to a supposedly 250bhp it's not that quick. I think it's just about quick enough for what it is.

The main gripe I have is the stupid red led lights in front of the driver where the windscreen meets the dash. It's for warning for cars in front of you stopping or being too close. It's very sensitive at its lowest setting and very bright at night when activated.

I dont personally like the front end of the titanium so I've changed it to the sport front end which I think looks much meaner.

Any more questions about the car let me know.

I've been offered £24k for mine px in March.

Cheers for the replies.

Small update, I currently have parked outside a Ford Edge Vignale Auto for a 24 hour test drive..... Must admit the auto is soooo much better then the manual for a car this side. I still move a bit in the seat though no where near as much as the cloth trim in the Titanium standard.

The 0 - 60 in 9 seconds is ok for me. I am after the comfort now and it deffently offers that! So quiet, smooth even with the 20" rims.

As mentioned in a previous post about hearing the fuel slosh in the tank, I did hear that this morning driving to work when I corned a tad to quick followed by a unmarked speed bump (not full height anymore and no white markings grrr).

Samsung, at 250bhp I would guess that knocks off 0.4 seconds? Or something. But I think with just a tad more power it would be really nice on those 50 - 80 overtakes? Also at £24k part ex can I ask what you paid for it 8 months back? I wont be in a position to buy one of these new, but I have seen a couple I like at £24k for a 12 month old unit. Though I think I will hold on another 6 months for a sub £20k. What I do know is if I get one I want the auto! Plus after driving this one I am tempted back to wanting one rather than being put off one by the last test drive. But I am in no rush, I will wait for the right secondhand one that suits my needs and budget :)

Back
Top Bottom