1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foreign Currency - coins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phunk-E-Man, 4 Jun 2006.

1. Phunk-E-Man

Wise Guy

I've got about $60 barbados dollars from when I went there a few years back and about 30euros...trouble is, it's in coins, is there anywhere I can convert them back to good old £'s...seems as though all the places i've searched and found online only convert notes :(

2. Nozzer

Banned

Post Office :confused:

3. Phunk-E-Man

Wise Guy

Checked the site and it said notes only :(

4. mleh

Hitman

There's a charity which takes unwanted foreign currency. Can't remember it's name though.

5. Phunk-E-Man

Wise Guy

As selfish as it sounds, I could really do with the money from a conversion

6. MuvverRussia

Wise Guy

You'll struggle to find anywhere that accepts coins. Understandably most bureau de changes won't take them.

You could try and find someone heading off to Barbados/the Continent, or keep them for yourself (Euros especially).

7. Phunk-E-Man

Wise Guy

Luckily it seems as though my girlfriends folks are off to spain this summer, so they'll buy the euros from me, as for the Bajan dollars, I don't know anyone headed that way and can't find anywhere that'll buy them, I won't be going back there anytime soon so looks as though i'm stuck with them :(

8. SexyBetty

Mobster

Nowhere will change coins, your best bet is selling them to friends or family, even if you have to wait a while, sorry about that :)

9. ballistic

PermaBanned

keep them for the next time you go to barbados

10. Phunk-E-Man

Wise Guy

Sadly that's never gonna happen, was a once in a lifetime thing, 3 weeks, amazing holiday, £8grand spent, did everything ya could do...but my life is completely different now sadly :(

11. Hate

Soldato

i must say thats impressive shrapnel, considering the biggest coin they have is $1

12. Rotty

Don

there are machines that do it ( at ripoff rates ) only seen these in airports though

whole lot is only worth about 30 to 40 quid anyway

13. Phunk-E-Man

Wise Guy

Yup...have got loads of it, was always spending with notes and the coins soon built up...as rotty mentioned the exchange rate is pretty poor, bajan dollars are always double US dollars and the £ > $ exchange rate is pretty poor right now, but at the mo, every penny counts!

14. Hate

Soldato

I seem to remember you can pay it into your bank and it becomes £, try that?

15. Messiah Khan

Sgarrista

Have you asked at the travel agent? They sometimes accept coins. Also worth asking at the bank.

16. Hate

Soldato

ebay?

17. POB

Soldato

You could possibly eBay them I don't know if there are any restrictions on selling cash online.

Looking at eBay it seems people are selling Euros so you might get something for your barbados dollars.

18. semi-pro waster

Man of Honour

Can always ask though, I was in Schipol airport a few months ago with about €30 in coins(all counted out for them though) and asked if they would change it for me which they did without a problem. It helped that they weren't busy and the woman did say that they normally wouldn't do it but sometimes you have to be a bit cheeky and ask :)