Forever alone on NYE

Soldato
Just as a heads up, on sky news at 8pm, the UAE are going to attempt to break the world record for the most fireworks set off in the shortest period of time. It's something like 400,000 rockets in 6 minutes.

It may well be a mess, can't help thinking it's the UAE though, so could be good.

Just in case any of us "staying in" want to catch it :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Someone pestering me into going to the pub with them. It's going to be horrible, overpriced drinks, crowding, what's more I have to drive there and back so can't even have a drink to make it slightly more bearable! Failing at life.

Soldato
Just as a heads up, on sky news at 6pm, the UAE are going to attempt to break the world record for the most fireworks set off in the shortest period of time. It's something like 6 minutes.

It may well be a mess, can't help thinking it's the UAE though, so could be good.

Just checked and it's 8pm UK time

Soldato
Working overnight. Only double time, after midnight, but it'll be marginally more productive than sitting at home sobbing into a glass of Baileys, being intimidated by a new diary, and watching pre-recorded folk having a good time in October. :)

At least I'm be spared from the temptation to watch Jools Holland again. So the year will be off to a better start than normal. Happy New Whatever peeps!

Man of Honour
Just as a heads up, on sky news at 8pm, the UAE are going to attempt to break the world record for the most fireworks set off in the shortest period of time. It's something like 400,000 rockets in 6 minutes.

UAE blows itself up, USA blames it on Iran!

Just me and 3 of my minions; Chloe disappeared, maybe she's stalking 5UB too!

OcUK Staff
I am worried with the "stalking 5UB too" bit, that implies that there is more than one stalker!

Well my new years party has started, alone in my room browsing the internet. Having the time of my life. :D

/foreveralone

Associate
I'm staying in tonight - just cracked open a bottle of malbec and watching college football bowl games on ESPN. Can't remember the last time I actually did anything on NYE tbh, not a fan. Going out for drinks tomorrow early doors though then going to watch Manure vs Spurs with a few friends then more drinks. Mind you before I had to drive 50 miles to work I used to prefer a Sunday afternoon session to Saturday nights

Think the best NYE I can remember was camping on a beach in NZ doesn't really work over here!

Anyway back to the malbec and smoked wendslydale

Associate
I just ate this buffet of champions. :D

Got chocolate log for pudding shortly, what's everyone else having?

Home made pizza, with no salt in the base as I forgot that vital ingredient. It was still kind of edible but I will never make such a stooput mistake again.

Staropramen and paracetemol for pudding :)

Back
Top Bottom