Forgotten Vista admin password - Help!

Associate
Hi Guys,

Ok, my bro has forgotten his password for his pc and ofc he is the admin. How can we retrieve the account? he has tried long and hard to remember but to no avail. i can get in on my account on his pc but have no privileges.

He has nothing on there of any importance. I tried to insert the windows Vista disc in and format the hard drive but ofc it prompts for admin password...

So, please guys, what can i do?

Thanks.

Soldato
Its relatively easy to find a torrent for a cd image that removes passwords from windows, but I probably can't link to it. Despite it being free and non-pirated, the same place you find it will probably have less legal torrents as well.

Alternatively, google found me this as the 4th link for "remove windows password iso"

Don
ophcrack isn't the right tool for this. It might not work if the password is complex.

Just use the tool here http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/ to blank the password. Simple and effective.

I said in my post it'll work with easy passwords only, plus if you have encrypted files then blanking your password will render the files useless.

ophcrack is the safest way of doing it

Back
Top Bottom