Format new PC?.

Associate
Hi last night something strange happened to my new PC and my TV. I was on my desktop and all of a sudden my mouse stopped working and blank windows was opening up. My keyboard wasn't working and then things started uninstalling. I went to turn PC off by the power button but that wouldn't work I didn't want to but had to turn it off with the power supply button.

Not so later that evening some one tried connecting to my TV over Bluetooth with a Huawei G620s. Ive turn Bluetooth off on my TV and left the PC turned off by the power supply all night. I do live in an apartment could some control my pc in my apartment as seen as they tried connecting to my TV as well.?. I wouldn't have thought this until some one tried connecting to my TV using that tablet or phone what ever they are?

Will formatting a new PC what ocuk built validate warranty?.

Soldato
Have you secured the connection to the TV/Router ?

https://www.welivesecurity.com/2018/10/01/protecting-your-smart-tv/

As for formatting the pc I would run an anti virus and spyware programme first to make sure the pc isn't infected with malware. You can get free ones like AVG and malwarebytes etc or just google but make sure you download from a reputable site i.e The software company themselves or a good 3rd party site like CNET.

Associate
OP
Have you secured the connection to the TV/Router ?

https://www.welivesecurity.com/2018/10/01/protecting-your-smart-tv/

As for formatting the pc I would run an anti virus and spyware programme first to make sure the pc isn't infected with malware. You can get free ones like AVG and malwarebytes etc or just google but make sure you download from a reputable site i.e The software company themselves or a good 3rd party site like CNET.

Yes Ive changed all passwords to router etc and no viruses detected. Ive put my TV back to factory default settings and turned off Bluetooth as I dont use it any way. As said in another topic I have also updated bios version to motherboard latest. All running well now.

That just seemed scary especially later on when some one tried connecting to TV as well. I am having problems with person above from the noise and we have had a couple of arguments about it. Just no consideration from him what so ever and bangs and stomps a lot along with music very loud. Apartment life hey lol.

Back
Top Bottom