Formula Boinc 2016

Associate
Ok guys Midas is back working it was the overclock I had on her, but sorted again now so she's up and running.
So what projects I need to be doing as its currently running NFS ?

Soldato
OP
Ok guys Midas is back working it was the overclock I had on her, but sorted again now so she's up and running.
So what projects I need to be doing as its currently running NFS ?

Universe@home could do with propping up Colin if you like that project, we've recently lost a couple of spots on that one.

Edit: there is also CSG which now has work, we are currently ranked nowhere on that in FB, well, way out of the points anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
Universe@home could do with propping up Colin if you like that project, we've recently lost a couple of spots on that one.

Edit: there is also CSG which now has work, we are currently ranked nowhere on that in FB, well, way out of the points anyway.

yer sorry bout that, had to turn my 2nd pc off again as it costs 20 a week to run and its January ie nobody using taxis lol

Associate
I picked up an old HP desktop for free. I now have it running Asteroids.
I dropped a spare E8200 into it and it crunching well.
I'm not too familiar with Intel as I mostly use AMD, but does anyone know how to tell if it will take a Core 2 Quad?
I might pick up a cheap Q6600 if I can, double the output :)

Associate
Its not an 'off the shelf' motherboard, so it's hard to tell.

The unit is an HP DC7800 S (small form factor business PC).
I found a spec sheet that lists it as being available with anything from a Celeron 420 up to a C2Q Q9550.
But it doesn't say anything about the mainboard. So I don't know if all the variations use the same board.

I did have to flash to BIOS to accept the E8200.

It also has a PCI-E slot....so I could add a low profile card.

Edit: Here's what I found.
http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04287277.pdf

Last edited:
Associate
Its not an 'off the shelf' motherboard, so it's hard to tell.

The unit is an HP DC7800 S (small form factor business PC).
I found a spec sheet that lists it as being available with anything from a Celeron 420 up to a C2Q Q9550.
But it doesn't say anything about the mainboard. So I don't know if all the variations use the same board.

I did have to flash to BIOS to accept the E8200.

It also has a PCI-E slot....so I could add a low profile card.

Edit: Here's what I found.
http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04287277.pdf

Going by that spec sheet and a quick google you should be good to put a quad in it. It's only the usff one that cant take quads and that doesnt have a pcie slot.

You could try cpuz to see if that reviels anything else about the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom