Formula E 2021.

Soldato
I quite liked the Mexico FE event last year as it was just before everything got locked down for The Rona', we're not in Mexico City this time though so will see how it goes here in Pueblo..

Associate
That's really tough on Wehrlein, gained nothing from the team's mistake before the race. Another entertaining Formula E race.

Soldato
Yeah we heard a few minutes before it was announced, it was a clerical error apparently, same with Nissan.
Needless to say there were a few annoyed people..

Soldato
Penalised on the second race for not using his fan boost, I mean, really, someone somewhere doesn't like Porsche...

Alejandro was annoyed af after the first race..

Soldato
I know, the first issue with not declaring tyres or whatever it was, that's a team problem and has no bearing on the driver nor gave him any sort of advantage, penalise the team, not the driver, issue a fine, but to disqualify Wehrlein for it was harsh..

The second race, not using the one thing that would give him an advantage, and to drop him to 4th after issuing him a penalty for it...

Soldato
The second race, not using the one thing that would give him an advantage, and to drop him to 4th after issuing him a penalty for it...
It is generally an advantage but it also uses more energy, so it has its downsides too, and I assume that's why he didn't use it (or maybe the team just hadn't realised).

Wehrlein came out of the weekend well. Porsche certainly did not.

Soldato
Not watched this for years, but now it's on C4 I took a look. Still seems like F1 LARP.

I didn't realise the cars top out at only 120mph if they don't want to go flat in minutes lol. I bet most of the track day stuff out there would lap quicker than these.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not watched this for years, but now it's on C4 I took a look. Still seems like F1 LARP.

I didn't realise the cars top out at only 120mph if they don't want to go flat in minutes lol. I bet most of the track day stuff out there would lap quicker than these.
They were about F3 speed at Monaco in qualifying, but it's impossible to be accurate as F3 haven't raced at Monaco for years and FE cars used a slower tighter chicane.

In race trim they would be much slower than F3 due to not starting with enough energy to finish races (they have to regenerate energy in the braking zones).

F3 cars would be faster at most circuits I guess. They're not slow, but they certainly wouldn't suit the long and wide F1 tracks. Monaco was about right (and produced one of the best motor races I've ever seen).

Soldato
They were about F3 speed at Monaco in qualifying, but it's impossible to be accurate as F3 haven't raced at Monaco for years and FE cars used a slower tighter chicane.

In race trim they would be much slower than F3 due to not starting with enough energy to finish races (they have to regenerate energy in the braking zones).

F3 cars would be faster at most circuits I guess. They're not slow, but they certainly wouldn't suit the long and wide F1 tracks. Monaco was about right (and produced one of the best motor races I've ever seen).

It looks very slow to watch it, almost like watching a go-kart race.

Back
Top Bottom