Fortnite free to play 26th Sept

Soldato
I'm surprised no-one has posted about this game already.

Basically a free to play cartoony version of PUBG that will be free to play from Sept 26th on PS4/XBOX/PC. Actually quite looking forward to this since it's developed by Epic Games.

Soldato
OP
There doesn't appear to be a standalone battle royal install on the store so assume it's just the main game without packages. It's updating to 1.19 in readiness it seems.

Soldato
OP
I'm assuming this will make more of a difference to you console types, right? I imagine you don't have the same video settings available as on PC, therefore you don't have the option to simply turn things down if you want more FPS and rely more on these sort of improvements.
Yep no real options other than uncap framerate which is a shame.

My only negative comment on the game would be the cost of things like costumes. I want to support the devs but I'm not paying upwards of £10 for what is essentially a skin.

Soldato
OP
Just practice the occasional 1x1 with a ramp at the map edge and a wall+ramp to get it down. You can now just hold R2 and spin around to make a quick box since the last patch.

My building still needs work but getting slowly better. Easy to mess up mid gun gun fight.

Soldato
OP
Yeah saw that on IGN earlier. Hopefully is crossplay so I can smash people trying to build on a touch screen. ;)

In all seriousness though, is this bluetooth pad only?

Soldato
OP
The bus travels faster than you can glide in one direction so generally you want to exit the bus and dive straight down aiming for a low point like a valley or lake, as the glider deploys at a certain height above ground.

Then after diving directly down you want maximum lateral movement so you only just reach your target as you land. Sometimes you may find you should have exited the bus earlier, sometimes later. Just experiment.

Soldato
OP
Just go to wailing woods, farm for a couple of mins and go for it. I'm loving the building aspect now, even though I still panic a lot and mess up. Can't quite beat doing a cheeky window edit and shotgunning someone into oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom