Fortress Forever, anyone playing it?

Associate
OP
Yes, It was bad timming, and dont know if that was planned, if it was, it was a silly move.
But regardless of that, it's still a good remake of Team Fortress Classic, much more so than TF2 in my view, thats not to say TF2 is pants :)

Bar

Bar

Soldato
The problem with FF is that they bowed to the wishes of those last remaining embers who were playing TFC.

As a result the game but more the community were very much unfriendly towards new players. That has sealed FFs fate more than anything else. Too much elitism.

TF2 on the other hand is very simple to play - its taken the game play back to something "fun" as opposed to tactical and 100% dependant on team play.

Its good to see you still around btw Cobra, take care, Bar aka [TAR]Barsteward

Associate
OP
Hello Bar, long time no see :)
Reason I prefer FF to TF2, i've played numerous times on public servers, and never yet seen a round won by any 1 side, always a stalemate in the middle.
Get's boring quicker than it gets fun, and dont get me started on the scout lol.

Am not going to chat about the developments policies, neither her nor there tbh, am talking about the game itself.

PS
Any of the old TAR lads still about, and what you all playing now?

Last edited:

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Still some of us about but the vast majority have all drifted to the seven winds.

FakeSnakes about on these forums and I still keep in touch with P3t3 and obviously Destr0yer as well.

Soldato
I think I played this on Unreal Tournament, was great fun! :)

Think that was probably UnF (Unreal Fortress)...imo one of the better Fortress mods - certainly the one with the best maps. Didn't get played very much tho, which is a pity.

I don't play FF, but it's only cos TF2 feels more like the original QWTF than FF does, despite its many changes.

C64

C64

Soldato
Nah team fortress is such an old format now i'd be bored with even team fortress 2 within a day as that scenario has been done to death.

Back
Top Bottom