forum a bit dead?

Man of Honour
Another issue is that when the forum was very busy a number of new sub forums were created. But now overall use is declining it means each sub forum appears very quiet.

Soldato
The moving of certain subjects to speakers corner has not helped but in the case with Trump/Islam and other subjects that tend to end in circular forum arguments, there was a need to keep it to one thread.

Now that the election is long gone and we just have his current presidency to discuss, it might be worth bringing him back into GD for scrutiny?

Soldato
Maybe the feeling that this place is a bit less fun just reflects the state of society at the moment. I don't think the country has ever been more divided in my lifetime and it's bleeding into here in the form of people on high horses constantly bickering with one another.

There's still the odd bit of comedy gold on here but it definitely feels less frequent. I had a good laugh reading through the confession threads at the weekend. :)

Soldato
Maybe the feeling that this place is a bit less fun just reflects the state of society at the moment. I don't think the country has ever been more divided in my lifetime and it's bleeding into here in the form of people on high horses constantly bickering with one another.

There's still the odd bit of comedy gold on here but it definitely feels less frequent. I had a good laugh reading through the confession threads at the weekend. :)

To be fair it's not all bad. I think it's a great thing that the public just seems to be so much more politically-minded and active than they were 10 years ago. There's been a huge difference. Voter turnouts increase every year, locally and nationally. Every cloud...

Soldato
It's certainly something I have noticed too, I used to mostly post in Motors and there used to be large meets several times a year but now I can't even remember the last meet.

V F

V F

Soldato
To be fair it's not all bad. I think it's a great thing that the public just seems to be so much more politically-minded and active than they were 10 years ago. There's been a huge difference. Voter turnouts increase every year, locally and nationally. Every cloud...

Everyone didn't have a platform on their phones 10 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom