Forum weirdness

Commissario
so 50 it is ok fair enough but it should be waived for people who have been members for years though IMO not that my opinion matters but just an idea for the Mods
Why? One rule for some people and some for others? It’s done on a combination of time of membership and post count. Why should anyone be exempt from that?

Commissario
No crypto forum for me either @Maccy - can you do me the honours please sir.

Sorted

so 50 it is ok fair enough but it should be waived for people who have been members for years though IMO not that my opinion matters but just an idea for the Mods

It's always been set to post count, there may be dormant spam accounts that we're unaware of

Commissario
Not fixed here. Is it done on an account by account basis or something? i'm missing seeing pretty bitcoin charts the team put up with random lines on them :D. Just saying this so you know which forum I'm talking about i cant access
Fixed - yes at the mo it's done per account

Associate
Sorted

It's always been set to post count, there may be dormant spam accounts that we're unaware of

Does that not just encourage people to post random comments just to bump their post count. I've been on here 6 years but have a relatively low post count as I tend not to post unless I can add something constructive, rather than just posting for the sake of it. I appreciate what you are saying about spam accounts but surely there has to be some kind of compromise that involves post count and joined date, or maybe even time spent viewing?

Associate
Because IMO and again its just my opinion

forum access should be longevity of account with Post count combined etc and inclusion before that moment should be allowed at the discretion of the Mods i suppose your in the business of people posting so i understand why you make that point especially when it comes to fake accounts but just because someone doesn't post oodles of posts shouldn't bar them for evermore.

Your the boss i'm happy to wait until i reach the threshold and i'm glad you've resolved the issues the forum was having

Commissario
Still not working for me. Could a kindly passing Mod help a brother out?
Just checked your permissions and you def have access

Does that not just encourage people to post random comments just to bump their post count. I've been on here 6 years but have a relatively low post count as I tend not to post unless I can add something constructive, rather than just posting for the sake of it. I appreciate what you are saying about spam accounts but surely there has to be some kind of compromise that involves post count and joined date, or maybe even time spent viewing?
Limitations of the forum software means it's post count and time as an option, it can't be either or I'm afraid.

Caporegime
Because IMO and again its just my opinion

forum access should be longevity of account with Post count combined etc and inclusion before that moment should be allowed at the discretion of the Mods i suppose your in the business of people posting so i understand why you make that point especially when it comes to fake accounts but just because someone doesn't post oodles of posts shouldn't bar them for evermore.

Your the boss i'm happy to wait until i reach the threshold and i'm glad you've resolved the issues the forum was having

You don't make any contribution so why do you need access? You can read the Crypto sub-forum by not logging in.

Commissario
You don't make any contribution so why do you need access? You can read the Crypto sub-forum by not logging in.

Yup, basically what I already said above :)

If that's the case, there's nothing we can do about it at the moment, your only solution is to actually participate in the rest of the forum. If all you want to do is read the crypto forum then you can just log out and it will be visible.

Associate
i have watched threads forums etc that i don't have access to when i'm logged out are you seriously saying its better that people who haven't registered have read only access to the crypto forums but people who have and been members for years don't have that same read only access ? because thats how it is at the moment.

Caporegime
i have watched threads forums etc that i don't have access to when i'm logged out are you seriously saying its better that people who haven't registered have read only access to the crypto forums but people who have and been members for years don't have that same read only access ? because thats how it is at the moment.

Access, in this case, is based on contribution to the forum and you haven't contributed. This sums up your attitude:

Honey I'm home !!

now back to lurking

Keep whining though and you'll get to your precious 50 posts. Unless the mods decide to dock a few...

Back
Top Bottom