Forza 7 - How is it?

Soldato
I've been playing a bit of Gran Turismo 6 lately, and had forgotten how much I enjoyed this formula.
The PS3 control pad is horrendous for racing games however, and I don't have my DFGT in China :'(

I've thought about buying Forza 7 on PC, but figured I'd ask here how it is. I know there have been a good few updates since it launched, the price is significantly lower than it was at release.

Last Forza I played was 4 on the 360! Is 7 a good game, would you recommend it?

Soldato
I've been playing a bit of Gran Turismo 6 lately, and had forgotten how much I enjoyed this formula.
The PS3 control pad is horrendous for racing games however, and I don't have my DFGT in China :'(

I've thought about buying Forza 7 on PC, but figured I'd ask here how it is. I know there have been a good few updates since it launched, the price is significantly lower than it was at release.

Last Forza I played was 4 on the 360! Is 7 a good game, would you recommend it?

Not as good as Forza 6 imo - Forza 7 just felt geared towards micro transactions a tad too much. But I understand they have changed it a fair bit since release; so maybe it's better now. I think I got my Xbone copy for £20 in PCWorld - I jumped on that price!

Associate
I’ve been playing forza 6 since release and I still play it, I bought forza 7 when it came out as the graphics looked a lot better but I ended up not playing it as much and traded it in, see it’s on cdkeys for £25 play anywhere so works in £12 pc £12 Xbox so might give it another try.

Associate
I ended up getting it again for Xbox/pc just downloading now. Forza 6 was good because it’s so big as well. Especially if you buy the Porsche and nascar add ons it’s like a whole other 2 games can’t speak for 7 but I remember there’s more faffing rather than racing but could be wrong

Soldato
Forza 3, good old days. Spent many nights on this with the 360 steering wheel, loved that game. Forza 7 I just can't get into at all.

Same, we had a club, club graphics on our cars etc, the mods felt like race mods and the racing was racing. Auction House was best ever, customising cars was a joy. It's just been ruined these days, catering for a different gaming generation...let's just say the simpleton ZOMG instant gratification crowd.

Coming from the golden age in gaming (90s) born in '78, that last point in paragraph could be inserted for most modern games.

Last edited:
Soldato
Same, we had a club, club graphics on our cars etc, the mods felt like race mods and the racing was racing. Auction House was best ever, customising cars was a joy. It's just been ruined these days, catering for a different gaming generation...let's just say the simpleton ZOMG instant gratification crowd.

Coming from the golden age in gaming (90s) born in '78, that last point in paragraph could be inserted for most modern games.

I think it's to do with the casual gamer tbh. Bringing them into a more serious gamers arena. So they dumbed the games a lot and made money on athestics which the casual gamer doesnt question spending £1.50 or £5 on some credits or outfits when in fact we never had that rubbish.

I've felt since forza 3 they really need to revolutionise the career its the same old. Do x seasons or years. Forza 7 is good but as said 3 probably is where it peaked, even if there are a lot of fancy effects in the years gone by.

Ive owned all the forzas' since the original xbox, apart from 4 tbh because of the drifting.

I'd say forza 7 is worth getting just get it cheap. I got it digital for £10

Associate
Not as good as FM6, FM6 wasn't as good as FM5, FM5 wasn't as good as FM4 which wasn't as good as the best in the series FM3.

Long and short of it, it's absolutely pony now.

Forza 7 does everything better then Forza 5/6.

They should have moved franchise further ahead, but they don't have any competition.

Associate
Get a new controller. I recently bought one which is styled a bit like the boomerang concept, it’s much better. Also get a PS4 and get gt sport and hopefully gt7. Forza 7 is a disappointment.

Soldato
OP
GT Sport looks like it'd be great racing, but I'm in China so not sure how the online would be, and missing the single player I'd like.

PD screwed up with GT6 by releasing it on PS3 after the the PS4 had released. There's no way a GT7 would be released on PS4, if it ever gets released at all. :(

Soldato
GT Sport looks like it'd be great racing, but I'm in China so not sure how the online would be, and missing the single player I'd like.

PD screwed up with GT6 by releasing it on PS3 after the the PS4 had released. There's no way a GT7 would be released on PS4, if it ever gets released at all. :(

GT Sport is dire imo - I don't know what it is about GT games of late, but they have never been as enjoyable as Foza, which is a real shame; as I have very fond memories of the days of GT 1 & 2 on the Playstation. I can't put a finger on it - maybe they're too sterile, trying to be too simulator, without fun maybe - guess it depends what you're looking for really. Only good thing, is it's cheap - so if you hate it, you won't lose much.

Associate
GT Sport has some single player now but no where near as much as 6. GT7 might get released next year and will ps5 being backwards compatible it won’t matter as much.

As for forza being better what joke it’s a micro transaction fest. The handling is miles better on GT the sound wasn’t the best on 5/6 but much better on Sport. Forza 7 is the biggest disappointment on Xbox one, 6 was much better and 5 was better than 7.

Soldato
As for forza being better what joke it’s a micro transaction fest. The handling is miles better on GT the sound wasn’t the best on 5/6 but much better on Sport. Forza 7 is the biggest disappointment on Xbox one, 6 was much better and 5 was better than 7.

It's not a joke though, is it? It's down to personal tastes is all.

Forza 7 was/is chocked with micro transactions, there's no avoiding that fact - but they're optional; in the same way it's optional to buy the extra cars and whatnot for GT Sport - assuming they aren't FOC these days (not checked back with that game for ages).

I always found the handling in GT games (6 and Sport at least) to feel far too floaty and disconnected from what you are seeing on screen - massively worse in 6, I recall trying to have fun with a Ferrari F430 - and for a RWD car, it just under steered everywhere! But then again - I play on a joypad, so it might feel bang-on with a wheel. On the flip-side, I have always found the Forza games I have played (2 to 7) have felt more 'real' in terms of handling, cars behave how you would expect them - none of the vagueness that GT 6 or Sport have; and without trying to tune the **** feeling out, it is fun right off the bat. Forza Horizon doesn't count - that's an arcade racer.

Again, it's all down to personal taste - those with wheels probably have a far better experience than those with joypads, and maybe GT 6 and Sport are miles better on a wheel - but for me personally, Forza is hands down a better handling game.

Sound-wise, I don't rate Sport any better than Forza 5, 6 or 7 - but I'm no audiophile, so happy to bow down to you there, but both sound as good on my surround sound. But I expect that nether franchise, sounds as raw as Project Cars 1 or 2!

I'd have to agree on disappointment for Forza 7 though, after 6 was so epic, I had hoped that 7 would have just built on that greatness - but the micro transactions and all that silly **** really put my back up - the same with Forza Horizon 3 & 4.

Associate

Someone please show me mico transaction I can spend with money please within current version of forza 7?

Associate
It's not a joke though, is it? It's down to personal tastes is all.

Forza 7 was/is chocked with micro transactions, there's no avoiding that fact - but they're optional; in the same way it's optional to buy the extra cars and whatnot for GT Sport - assuming they aren't FOC these days (not checked back with that game for ages).

I always found the handling in GT games (6 and Sport at least) to feel far too floaty and disconnected from what you are seeing on screen - massively worse in 6, I recall trying to have fun with a Ferrari F430 - and for a RWD car, it just under steered everywhere! But then again - I play on a joypad, so it might feel bang-on with a wheel. On the flip-side, I have always found the Forza games I have played (2 to 7) have felt more 'real' in terms of handling, cars behave how you would expect them - none of the vagueness that GT 6 or Sport have; and without trying to tune the **** feeling out, it is fun right off the bat. Forza Horizon doesn't count - that's an arcade racer.

Again, it's all down to personal taste - those with wheels probably have a far better experience than those with joypads, and maybe GT 6 and Sport are miles better on a wheel - but for me personally, Forza is hands down a better handling game.

Sound-wise, I don't rate Sport any better than Forza 5, 6 or 7 - but I'm no audiophile, so happy to bow down to you there, but both sound as good on my surround sound. But I expect that nether franchise, sounds as raw as Project Cars 1 or 2!

I'd have to agree on disappointment for Forza 7 though, after 6 was so epic, I had hoped that 7 would have just built on that greatness - but the micro transactions and all that silly **** really put my back up - the same with Forza Horizon 3 & 4.
I play with a wheel but have played both with a pad and still think the same.

Maybe we just got ‘used’ to each franchises handling as I have mainly played GT. from what I played of forza 4 (not that much) I really enjoyed it but to me they have been getting worse since.

Associate
Someone please show me mico transaction I can spend with money please within current version of forza 7?
They maybe not typically classed as microtransactions but the cars are behind a paywall which you can not use unless you pay for them. On GT Sport you can pay for the cars if you like or you can earn them like in the rest of the series.

Back
Top Bottom