Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One)

Soldato
OP
I only played H3, I loved it and put many hours into it but the map was quite boring, H4 looks a lot more interesting and hopefully the roads are fun to drive on, thought H3 there was too many straight and long boring stretches.

Soldato
OP
I just read a review. Looks like it's no longer festival based so looks closer to TDU2 in that regard. There is also property to buy.

Yeah apparently only 1 festival hub but you can buy houses that act as second base/hub.
Sounds good, as I didn’t like all the festival hubs splashed all over the map in H3.

Soldato
OP
Had a quick blast, not got much time to play today, early impressions are very good.

The roads feel so much better to drive on from the little I did, and the the world feels a lot more exciting to drive around.

Great intro, I believe it was part of the demo, not to sure as I didn't play that, I loved seeing the
Red Arrows!!!!

Soldato
OP
Are there any recognisable places in Wales to see? I've only heard mention of England (but nowhere specific - oh, except that chalk horse thing on the hill) and the Scottish Highlands and Edinburgh.

I only really played the demo and 1 race so far, the festival hub seems like it could make for a better hub than H3, I noticed it had a stretch for drag races.

Soldato
OP
Trying to get used to manual gears this time around, much more fun than automatic and makes races a little more challenging, I have left it on average AI for now but will up it as I get used to manual gears.

Soldato
OP
It does like to push dlc in your face quite a bit. Most times when you load it has a screen telling you what DLC is available now that you have to skip to continue. I’m playing the game pass version so maybe there is more DLC push with that ?

I had that early game a bit, but it was just telling me that stuff is available now to download such as the car packs, I have the ultimate edition. Not had anymore dlc pushed at me for a while.

Soldato
OP
It's the Autumn: Leaf Blower events for this week. One of the city races is:

"007: Skyfall" Championship: Edinburgh City Sprint, James Bond Aston Martin DB5

So you can only take part in it if you have the James Bond Aston Martin DB5, which is rubbish.

I would think any James Bond car will do, but its broke anyway, I'm surprised you could not participate as I did a seasonal sky fall event the other day (PVP) and a few of us had DB5s and the others had S1 class Ford Raptors and other various S1 class 4x4s, as expected our A/C class? DB5s were completely out raced.
Car restrictions is a confusing and broken mess in its current state.

Soldato
OP
I don't have the DLC for the James Bond cars and that's restricting me from taking part in a race that's exlusively for those that own the DLC. I don't think that they should be making a seasonal event depend on owning the DLC, and if they're going to carry on doing this, then this event shouldn't show up for those that don't have it. It's not right and I don't appreciate having content waved in my face and then yanked away because I have chosen not to pay for what should be an optional extra.

Did you try it Solo or PvP, as what I was trying to say is, how can other players participate in the race I did with a car not from the dlc Bond pack. I do agree though that dlc car packs should not stop you from playing certain events.

Back
Top Bottom