• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Forza Motorsport 2023 crushing GPUs

Soldato
Yes it does. Jesus Christ.

Forza cant get colors / lighting / materials right. Not even after all this time. Techwise its better but GT looks way more realistic. Even the video linked above shows this.

If GT would be released on PC to be truly maxed out it would **** all over forza. Now it’s just better, not overwhelmingly so.

No it's not....

Associate
I do not think so, at all. Forza 6 kicks GT 7.
Have you even played gt7? Even GT sport for that matter.

But anyways, you’re entitled to your opinion, the majority still thinks gt looks better ( not from a technical pov but from a photorealistic one ). That’s a fact. Even the general reactions to forza motorsport graphics on most forums will reinforce what i just said.

Also not gonna continue on this topic since it never goes anywhere.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you even played gt7? Even GT sport for that matter.

But anyways, you’re entitled to your opinion, the majority still thinks gt looks better ( not from a technical pov but from a photorealistic one ). That’s a fact. Even the general reactions to forza motorsport graphics on most forums will reinforce what i just said.

Also not gonna continue on this topic since it never goes anywhere.

That's been my experience reading threads on video's showing side to side comparisons. The main consensus is that the majority prefer the way GT looks. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so each to there own.

Soldato
Dlss does nothing. Thankfully the 4070 runs it at 4k RT on. My results. The 7800xt gets demolished vs 4070.

8JSFqus.png

Last edited:
Associate
That is brutal. I'm interested in checking it out but I don't want to sit round dropping every setting to try to get it smooth.

Soldato
Games a mess for me. Both Cpu and Gpu won't hit full boost. Gpu utilization is 60% with clocks lower than they should be. My 5800x is not boosting up over 4ghz most of the time. I Followed Digital Foundry's guide and others to no avail but seems the games a hit or a miss. It's literally a stuttering mess for me not matter the settings. I set up my mates through the same guide who has the same specs as me just a xtx and not xt, his runs very smooth like mine should do at 1440p. Hopefully a patch will fix this for me or i will have to try out a reinstall of windows.

Soldato
New PC game, will probably need an update or two, and an nvidia driver update.

Why no comparison with AMD cards with RT disabled? Seems like an obvious sanity check before they go slagging the game off.

Associate
I've been playing with Intel A770M @ 1080P and it's okay on medimumish settings. I've not had any crashes but there are some visual artefacts with smoke it seems, even after Intel's latest driver.

XSX (unsurprisingly) looks and runs fine.

Associate
Games a mess for me. Both Cpu and Gpu won't hit full boost. Gpu utilization is 60% with clocks lower than they should be. My 5800x is not boosting up over 4ghz most of the time. I Followed Digital Foundry's guide and others to no avail but seems the games a hit or a miss. It's literally a stuttering mess for me not matter the settings. I set up my mates through the same guide who has the same specs as me just a xtx and not xt, his runs very smooth like mine should do at 1440p. Hopefully a patch will fix this for me or i will have to try out a reinstall of windows.
I find its shredding the SSD I have it on, its a non NVME one and its just puts 100% load or really high spikes on it frequently for some reason.

Soldato
Why no comparison with AMD cards with RT disabled? Seems like an obvious sanity check before they go slagging the game off.
It's launched in an absolute state on PC, it deserves any and all slagging off that comes it's way regarding performance. Not to mention it's lacking career mode...
I guess these failures are acceptable if you're a game pass person who hasn't given them money specifically for the game, but this is a full price title and they have been working on it for years supposedly. Not sure what they were doing though, sitting around.

Back
Top Bottom