• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Founders Edition Coil-whine - RMA experiances

Associate
OP
Ah sorry!

Sadly I am no closer :/
It seems very random when fan-stop kicks in now. After a clean boot, with nothing open, it wont stop the fans after even 20+ minutes of idle.

Oddly, if I connect to my work VDI (Azure hosted virtual machine), after about 5-10 minutes of working on that, the fans stop. Sometimes they randomly start again...

Having fresh-installed just about everything I can think of that would have anything remotely to do with fans, nothing seems to have 'worked'

Im fairly sure it is software related... as if I leave the computer at the login screen, the fans will stop then too.

Obviously between sending my GPU away, and getting this one back... nothing at all changed on the software. The PC wasnt started at all.
So I cant work out why fan-stop worked perfectly before the swap.

I am out of ideas for now :/

Back
Top Bottom