• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FPS Issue GTX 1080

Associate
Hello all,

I am having this issue where i cannot increase my framerate in games. I mostly play warzone and get around 40/50 fps with the below set up on low to medium settings within the game.

Specs:
CPU: i5 8600k
Mobo: Gigabyte Z370P D3
Ram: 16GB DDR4
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB
HDD: M.2 SSD 512gb Adata XPG SX8200 Pro
PSU: Corsair VS550 PSU
Monitor: Asus 1080p 144hz

I've tried running MSI Kombustor on 1080 resolution and I achieved 41 FPS.

I have the latest graphics card driver installed and have tried a number of adjustments in the Nvidia control panel including changing the preference to performance.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Soldato
Does changing the in game graphics setting from medium to either high or low change the fps?

Set up your msi afterburner OSD and compare to this guy as this is in the ballpark of what you should be getting.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Does changing the in game graphics setting from medium to either high or low change the fps?

Set up your msi afterburner OSD and compare to this guy as this is in the ballpark of what you should be getting.

I've been running the game on pretty much the lowest settings and I get between 40-50 fps. I've tried upping the settings and its just worse.

Soldato
GPU usage sits at about 45/50 but maxes at 97 and CPU usage mostly sat at around 95/98
Looks like your CPU bound then but I'm supprised it's that bad as a 8600K is still a fairly decent CPU.

Have you tried overclocking the CPU as that may help a bit?

You could always upgrade the CPU to either an 8700K which go for around £150 used or a 9900K/KF which go for around £240.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Looks like your CPU bound then but I'm supprised it's that bad as a 8600K is still a fairly decent CPU.

Have you tried overclocking the CPU as that may help a bit?

You could always upgrade the CPU to either an 8700K which go for around £150 used or a 9900K/KF which go for around £240.

Will look into it. Thought it was a GPU issue so have tried overclocking that but doesn't seem to make any difference to the frames.

Soldato
Will look into it. Thought it was a GPU issue so have tried overclocking that but doesn't seem to make any difference to the frames.

It's probably cause your running out of cores, warzone likes cores/threads but your CPU only has 6/6

What does the CPU / GPU usage look like if you run high graphics settings?

Associate
OP
It's probably cause your running out of cores, warzone likes cores/threads but your CPU only has 6/6

What does the CPU / GPU usage look like if you run high graphics settings?

GPU usage fluctuating between 32 and 54% on high settings and CPU floating in the 90/95%. Tried overclocking the CPU and this is the result after this.

Don't know what to do next! Help would be appreciated.

Associate
This sounds like it could either be thermal throttling, or maybe a software/driver issue.

The system you have should in principle be plenty good for warzone at 1080p so check in task manager what's eating your cpu cycles.

Back
Top Bottom