Fractal Design ARC Mini or DEFINE Mini - differences?

Associate
So, I've now sold my SilverStone RV02 as I needed to downsize.

I've also decided to go with either an Arc Mini or Define Mini M-ATX case from Fractal Design.

My rig is fairly low-powered, and will not have any particularly hot components installed.

So other than the sound-deading materials in the Define, are there any major differences?

Soldato
So, I've now sold my SilverStone RV02 as I needed to downsize.

I've also decided to go with either an Arc Mini or Define Mini M-ATX case from Fractal Design.

My rig is fairly low-powered, and will not have any particularly hot components installed.

So other than the sound-deading materials in the Define, are there any major differences?

Yeah the cooling and airflow are much better on the arc mini... I'm selling my silverstone tj08-e for one as I had the midi and that was very good cooling.

Associate
OP
Yeah the cooling and airflow are much better on the arc mini... I'm selling my silverstone tj08-e for one as I had the midi and that was very good cooling.

Thanks for your reply! I have decided (already) that due to my modest rig, I'll go for the Define Mini. I prefer the looks and the idea of lower noise.

Have pre-ordered :)

Soldato
Arc is the performance orientated case, whereas the define is designed more towards silence.

Don't know about the define, but the Arc Mini can take a 240mm rad in the roof with no modding, and another n the front with some modding, one of the reasons I bought one for myself :D

Associate
OP
Well, Define Mini arrived today.

Boxed up again within 5 minutes for return mind you, as the latching mechanism on one of the 120mm fan doors was completely busted.

I'd heard bad things about FD build quality so I guess this is one of those times. Have requested a replacement as the rest of the case was perfect, so fingers crossed it'll be second time lucky!

Associate
Just received my Arc Midi this week. There is some scratches about 1cm long here and there. But mostly inside the case or at the top steel panel where the fan mount are.

There is one missing screw for mounting the removable hard disk case too.

Back
Top Bottom