**FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE 7 SERIES & DEFINE 7XL - AVAILABLE NOW**

Associate
Just wondering if the Demcifilter magnetic screen has appeared and hows it gone for you?

Couldn't seem to find one for this model though?

It arrived. I had to cut down the magnetic strip to fit it in. It looked a bit rough and had to be placed just right to make sure the fans didn't rub on it. It was more of an experiment than anything, and to be honest, the temps didn't really change with the Demcifilter vs the stock assembly. The filter mesh is finer than the mesh behind the stock plastic cover though, so maybe that would be an advantage.

Gamers Nexus claimed that the stock front was highly restrictive, but that was with the stock airflow fans, which are quite weak. With high static pressure fans on a radiator, the restriction doesn't seem to matter too much, in my limited testing.

The Demcifilter is nicely made though, and they shipped pretty quickly.

Associate
It arrived. I had to cut down the magnetic strip to fit it in. It looked a bit rough and had to be placed just right to make sure the fans didn't rub on it. It was more of an experiment than anything, and to be honest, the temps didn't really change with the Demcifilter vs the stock assembly. The filter mesh is finer than the mesh behind the stock plastic cover though, so maybe that would be an advantage.

Gamers Nexus claimed that the stock front was highly restrictive, but that was with the stock airflow fans, which are quite weak. With high static pressure fans on a radiator, the restriction doesn't seem to matter too much, in my limited testing.

The Demcifilter is nicely made though, and they shipped pretty quickly.

Yeah that's a valid point about the fans actually. I know in my R4 I swapped the stock ones for for P14's, that helped.

Thanks for updating though :)

Associate
All swapped from the R4 to the 7.

Temps at idle seem a degree or two lower. Noticed that the main noise I can hear are the 3.5 drives. Have set them to sleep after 10 minutes of no activity, not sure why I disabled that previously!

GPU at idle is 36c
CPU 33/35

May adjust the fans curves a little more too.

Job for another day, that's knackered me! Damn those cases are heavy!

Associate
Job for another day, that's knackered me! Damn those cases are heavy!

Aren't they just. I thought the 15.9kg I saw listed in a review as the weight was a mistake, or the weight of the build. Mine with two 360 AIOs in it is quite an effort to lift longways into or out of its tight spot behind the TV.

Associate
Aren't they just. I thought the 15.9kg I saw listed in a review as the weight was a mistake, or the weight of the build. Mine with two 360 AIOs in it is quite an effort to lift longways into or out of its tight spot behind the TV.

haha, same issue here, the space the case is sat in currently is awkward, means shifting a table top and set of drawers.

Very nice build as always though with Fractal.

Associate
mAtR778.jpg icoaXEb.jpg

Decided I couldn't wait any longer for a white GPU so I decided to use my old Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super, so I got it up and running!

Case was pretty fantastic to build in, I had some trouble with the plastic basement shroud thing as it took some force to unclip it and it's quite a flimsy thing but that's about the only issue I had.

The case is doing muuuuuch better temp wise than the O11 Dynamic I had which I wasn't expecting and the 3900X jumps around 50-60c while gaming so I'm happy with that and also something I wasn't expecting is actually a big performance increase while gaming compared to my 8700K, benching WWZ netted me an extra 18 (!) FPS in that, an extra 9FPS in The Division, an extra 10FPS in Ghost Recon Breakpoint and a measly 3FPS in RDR2 but hey it's something!

Very happy!

Associate
mAtR778.jpg icoaXEb.jpg

Decided I couldn't wait any longer for a white GPU so I decided to use my old Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super, so I got it up and running!

Case was pretty fantastic to build in, I had some trouble with the plastic basement shroud thing as it took some force to unclip it and it's quite a flimsy thing but that's about the only issue I had.

The case is doing muuuuuch better temp wise than the O11 Dynamic I had which I wasn't expecting and the 3900X jumps around 50-60c while gaming so I'm happy with that and also something I wasn't expecting is actually a big performance increase while gaming compared to my 8700K, benching WWZ netted me an extra 18 (!) FPS in that, an extra 9FPS in The Division, an extra 10FPS in Ghost Recon Breakpoint and a measly 3FPS in RDR2 but hey it's something!

Very happy!

Looks good. :)

Had the exact same problem with mine too. The left side didn't want to come off easily at all.

Also had another issue - I replaced the fans with my P14s and noticed that the gap the fan cable needs to go through wouldn't easily fit the extra adapter bit.

P14_PWM_PST_black_F05.jpg

The one on the right. Had to take a screw out of the front frame and gently work it through, bit of a design flaw if I'm honest!

Associate
mAtR778.jpg icoaXEb.jpg

Very happy!

The white looks awesome! Well done!

Back
Top Bottom