Fractal Design R3 Window Panel

Associate
Hi all,

I'm in search for a Windowed panel for my R3 case, I've been looking online and there are only a few online retailers that appear to sell them from what I can see and I'm surprised that Fractal Design's authorized resellers do not appear to sell them!. I spotted one last week which is infact based in my home town and I tried to give them a ring to see if they would allow me to come collect & pay on site but get the failed to answer both their landline & mobile :rolleyes:

Has anyone on here managed to obtain the Windowed panel from a reputable retailer? I understand if some of the names cannot be mentioned on here due to competitor rules.

Thanks all - Liam

Associate
I've been on the lookout since the windowed panel was announced and like you have only found a couple of retailers that sell them. I e-mailed Fractal about it a couple of months ago and they said they were coming to the UK in late October. Probably worth e-mailing them about it again at some point.

I e-mailed Overclockers last week to see if they might be getting it in stock but didn't get a reply.

Associate
OP
I've been on the lookout since the windowed panel was announced and like you have only found a couple of retailers that sell them. I e-mailed Fractal about it a couple of months ago and they said they were coming to the UK in late October. Probably worth e-mailing them about it again at some point.

I e-mailed Overclockers last week to see if they might be getting it in stock but didn't get a reply.

Yeah as far as I know they have actually been released now but only appear to be available to a few retailers which is an annoyance. I hope that OcUK do consider stocking them in very soon :)

Liam

Associate
It seems everyone has just ran out of stock/running on old stock. I emailed overclockers a few days back and they replied saying they don't have an ETA for either any fractal design cases or windows, same as a lot of other resellers I've came across.

I've been looking on a few oversees sites and the only place I've found any of the windowed side panels to be in stock is germany (would make sense, Fractal Design is german based.)

Just hoping some come into the UK soon.

Associate
OP
It seems everyone has just ran out of stock/running on old stock. I emailed overclockers a few days back and they replied saying they don't have an ETA for either any fractal design cases or windows, same as a lot of other resellers I've came across.

I've been looking on a few oversees sites and the only place I've found any of the windowed side panels to be in stock is germany (would make sense, Fractal Design is german based.)

Just hoping some come into the UK soon.

At long last, I have managed to order one from a UK retailer this evening! :)

Rexton, I have emailed you via trust.

Yerjam - your trust does not appear to have been set up as of yet so if you want the link (cannot list incase they are classed as a competitor) you can find my email in my trust and I will get back to you.

Liam

Associate
OP
Well I'm still without a windowed side panel for my R3 :mad:

The retailer that I ordered it from over a week ago have admitted today that they were out of stock of it when I placed the order (despite their website listing 5 left in stock :rolleyes: ) and not only that, but it's took them a week to finally realise this as whoever dealt with my order origninally went all the way and processed it and apparently despatched it. Gahhhh :mad:

Has anyone else been successful in finding one to order online?

Thanks - Liam

Associate
sorry to hijack but didnt want to start a new thread for a simple question, does the r3 windowed side panel fit the r2 case?

cheers.

Soldato
Well Ive just ordered a window side panel for my R3, but it didn't say if it was in stock or not, so I will have to wait and see.

"Thank you for choosing xxxxxxxx Online. We want to let you know that your order has been received and will be processed as soon as possible."

I'll keep you updated guys.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've given up searching for a windowed side panel for my R3 now as I have now instead ordered a Corsair C70 case ;) Really looking forward to receiving it next week.

Such a shame that the windowed panels for the R3 are not widely available and are very hard to come by, saying that though I'm surprised that OcUK only stock the R4 case by Fractal Design - and that is out of stock at the moment!

Liam

Soldato
I have given up too, i have been thinking of just making one myself, the plexi and bits and bobs are widely available, how hard can it be to put a hole in a thin sheet of metal and stick some plastic over it???

now where did i leave that axe...........

Associate
I thought the R3 panel came out a long time ago, and is now just old stock. R4 is in and R3 is out.

The R4 panel is due to be released VERY soon, I emailed Fractal 6 weeks ago and they said their distributor would have them ready now. Though I have been waiting a good 4 months in total. I reckon they must be having delays with distribution, which is a shame because I think their products are very high quality. Hope it's worth the wait.

You can try cutting your own panel with a dremel and file, I would do that too if they weren't releasing one.

Back
Top Bottom