1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We recommend you enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account. Please see the thread here
    Dismiss Notice

Fractal Torrent

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by robin66, 18 Aug 2021.

1. robin66

Wise Guy

Torrent — Fractal Design (fractal-design.com)

I noticed that Fractal has a new case coming out.

I bought the Meshify 2 the other day. Which is a great case. But if I had known about this case, I might have gone for it instead.

I really like the way they have tried something different with the air flow and the placement of the power supply, which is at the top of the case like it was years ago.

2. rare

Sgarrista

I like it, but it is huge. A smaller version would be more ideal. It’s cool to see them doing something totally unique. Although that is a lot of positive pressure to deal with.

I’m a big Fractal fan, I have a couple of their cases just boxed in my attic because I liked them so much hah:D If a smaller one comes out, I would definitely be interested in trying it out.

3. [HB]Rugrat

Hitman

I'm just watching the review on Gamers Nexus - fractal is one of those brands who's cases I've always admired but never taken the plunge on. This could be the one that changes my mind...

4. robin66

Wise Guy

I have been busy, but watching it now.

Last edited: 18 Aug 2021
  5. JediFragger

Caporegime

Agreed, this looks *huge*! Def gonna keep my eyes open for a smaller mITX/mATX version :)

6. Grim5

Sgarrista

Doesn't look big to me, it's just half the gaming world now wants mini itx cases so they can stick their overheating undervolted components in it

it a fantastic case

7. Danger Bri

Gangster

I like the look of this. I would use an AIO over an air cooler though. The question is, leave the 3 140’s at the bottom or use the two 180’s? I’m excited for my next build :D

8. Cadder

Wise Guy

Decent-looking case. Can I be bothered to transplant everything from my Meshify C though? Hmm...

9. Mr G

Wise Guy

Seen many reviews and tempted to pull the trigger on this. It does seem a little on the big size?

10. drakulton

Wise Guy

Here's another for you.

11. dave28

Wise Guy

242 x 530 x 544 is quite a heap, my current case is 230 x 480 x 496mm and is a bit bigger than i would like

12. drakulton

Wise Guy

You'd think they'd try to cram in a couple of 200mm fans at the front.

13. Grim5

Sgarrista

They could have made the case a little wider, stuck the psu in a back chamber and then added 200m intake fans and could then mount fans and radiator at the top

14. Mr G

Wise Guy

Already seen it and still tempted by it.

15. Mcthommo

Hitman

Would be interested if a smaller version a la Meshify S2 size was released

16. gary996

Mobster

It looks good to me

17. EsaT

Capodecina

If it's supposed to cool well, why does it have PSU sucking in heat from components?

They should have now used that solid separate compartment fashion excretes into bottom of every case!

18. Donnie Fisher

Wise Guy

Because it helps draw air across the power phase ... helping cooling on the board. Realistically with the 180 fans on front, I'd say that this lends itself to an air cooled build on the cpu. If that were the case, then the front fans will be blowing fresh air across from the front to the CPU cooler area with nothing really heating it before it gets there. The PSU will draw from that same fresh air as well ... so the PSU is effectively getting ambient air ... at the worst case, it might be a couple of deg higher than ambient, but it wont be much more than that.

Alternatively, for radiators on the front, they tend to raise the air temp going across them from 2 to 10degC ( from a quick google ) ... so even then, if the PSU is drawing air thats been heated by front rads, its still only a few deg higher than average, and hardly going to worry the PSU.

19. bake73

Gangster

20. [HB]Rugrat

Hitman

Well kudos to them for getting straight on it I guess - take note nzxt and gigabyte.