Framemeister?

Man of Honour
Has anyone got one of these devices (only came across them yesterday after a tweet) and if so are you pleased with it? I have a large collection of home computers, over 40 machines and consoles over 15 and I am trying to find something that allows me to connect them up to a modern'ish 1080p flat screen or two so I can bin some of my older CRT TV's which weight more than a small town and I fear might cause Staffordshire to subside (I'm dong to sell them to a Londoner)

Also, where can you buy them from?

Soldato
I've got one, its amazing for 240p and OK (IMO) for 480i. If you're big into 16bit and earlier then its a no-brainer if you can't get your hands on a PVM.

Things to note though, you'll need your consoles to be outputting RGB and you'll need the correct RGB leads. This also inevitably leads you to also want to play the games in NTSC so they are displayed correctly. Therefore you're setting yourself up for quite a rabbit hole. Over the past 4 years I've spent a lot of time getting the perfect modded console / cable / flashcarts together. It's not been cheap but it's a fun hobby.

Bonus tip - only use 720p upscale if you plan on using scanlines.

Soldato
I've got one, short of having a play around with it, I haven't used it much, but mainly because I'm playing games on Xbox One at the minute mostly, looked good when I did test it out though.

Man of Honour
OP
37212785234_6d7ff59764_h.jpg

Arrived in from Japan this morning!

Man of Honour
OP
Well I have a large collection of retro devices, so thought I would get one having seen the rave reviews and see what it's like.

Back
Top Bottom