Fraud???

Soldato
wow this thread been

TOTALY DERAILED!

tbh, they should have handed it to the police and the police MAY charge a fee for returning it iirc (admin costs etc)

Last edited:
Soldato
Berserker said:
If you are lawfully required to produce identification and you produce someone else's, then you are (I believe) breaking the law by doing so.
Ah, but was the OP lawfully required to produce identification?

If I met you walking down the street and just asked to see your ID I expect you'd tell me where to go, but just say you did show me someone else’s ID - would I be entitled to take it off you if I thought it wasn’t you? Course not.

Man of Honour
clv101 said:
Ah, but was the OP lawfully required to produce identification?

If I met you walking down the street and just asked to see your ID I expect you'd tell me where to go, but just say you did show me someone else’s ID - would I be entitled to take it off you if I thought it wasn’t you? Course not.
You asking me while walking down the street would not be a lawful request in that sense, so sure, I'd tell you where to go (politely). However, a police officer/security officer/door staff needing to confirm your identity would be a lawful request. If door staff suspect you're using stolen ID, why shoudln't they retain it and hand it in to the police? If it was my ID they caught someone with, I'd be grateful if they did.

Permabanned
It's not against the law to use false identification to get into a club. You are not obtaining ANY percuniary advantage (monetary or otherwise). I.E, they are not GIVING you anything of any value.

(Feel free to correct me lawyers ;))

Jay

Jay

Associate
You could just say before you went out you picked your mates ID up by mistake and he picked up yours. You only realised this once you had shown the bouncer.

Back
Top Bottom