FREE BitFenix Spectre Fans - Big Silence Test

Soldato
I sent one too.

Maybe it'd be easier if you set up Trust in the forums, Kul1, that way you can be sure the proper forum members are contacting you.

Soldato
Shame I missed this - would have been good to test them in my single fan setup.
May just buy one to add my thoughts to the other three reviewers... will have a think about it

Will be testing agained my quiet fans@500/900/1200rpm
Noiseblocker multiframe M12-S2 (120mm)
Noctua NF-S12 (120mm)
Thermalright TY-140 (140mm)
Scythe KAZE MARU SY1425SL12L (140mm)

Last edited:
Soldato
I sent one too.

Maybe it'd be easier if you set up Trust in the forums, Kul1, that way you can be sure the proper forum members are contacting you.

This, Otherwise make sure its proven the correct forum members are contacting you.. E.G My postal will go to Grimsby :') Hence the name XD

Soldato
I just left a message on your facebook wall also :') I think were all wondering if someone else has claimed them sneakily and done us over ;D

Soldato
Looking forward to hear you guys opinions on the fans. I'm always on the lookout for a quiet case fan as I'm really picky when it comes to noise.

Currently using 2 x Noiseblocker Black Silent Pros up front, but they don't appear to be putting out anywhere near what they claim. They are nice and quiet with their fluid dynamic bearings though.

Soldato
Looking forward to hear you guys opinions on the fans. I'm always on the lookout for a quiet case fan as I'm really picky when it comes to noise.

Currently using 2 x Noiseblocker Black Silent Pros up front, but they don't appear to be putting out anywhere near what they claim. They are nice and quiet with their fluid dynamic bearings though.

I can at least say the 120MMs are silent as long as you mount them properly on rubber pins rather than bolting them to other stuff that can vibrate also.

I can ramp up my rubber pin mounted ones from my controller from off to 100% and not notice any additional noise.

As far as I can observe they shift as much air as the Noctuas, Akasa Vipers and stock Antec 900 case fans could. My 4.5GHz i7 with a Akasa Viper HSF (Now with BitFenix 120mm instead of the provided fan) idles at 25-35 and loads at 55-65 (depending on whether I am gaming or stress testing)

My 680 is no hotter than it was previously either since swapping to exclusive use of the BitFenix Spectres.

Last edited:
Soldato
have been shipped from Germany so I suppose you receive them early next week.

Ill see them next friday then :D Or if not later. Bank holiday monday so might delay it a fair bit

Thanks to Kul and BitFenix anyhow :D

EDIT: I hope its by a courier with a close depot for when i miss the delivery :')

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom