• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** FREE KINGSTON FURY 240GB SSD, TOM CLANCY's DIVISION, FARCRY PRIMAL WITH ASUS GTX 970's!! **

Soldato
They want to sell product. If customers know something new coming within a month or two they won't sell current gen.

When new tech comes out, people will still buy the older tech at reduced prices or with other incentives. This current deal is all part of that process and no one is being forced to hand over their credit card details.

It's how things work, get over it.

Caporegime
They want to sell product. If customers know something new coming within a month or two they won't sell current gen.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked. It was reported in the tech press that nV+TSMC were 6 months behind AMD+GF/Sam.

So again, why are people thinking once more of a May release for Pascal? If AMD is releasing in July/August, then either:

*They've squandered the advantage they could possibly have had over nV
*The 6 months thing was always crap
*nV aren't releasing anything until 2017

Caporegime
That has absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked. It was reported in the tech press that nV+TSMC were 6 months behind AMD+GF/Sam.

So again, why are people thinking once more of a May release for Pascal? If AMD is releasing in July/August, then either:

*They've squandered the advantage they could possibly have had over nV
*The 6 months thing was always crap
*nV aren't releasing anything until 2017

AFAIK, there was absolutely no official announcement that TSMC + Nvidia were 6months behind, just some inane mumbling form Drunkenmasker or some such.

TSMC has definitely experienced a lot of delays, and then more delays on top of the delays. But they are largely irrelevant because Nvidia was never going to release Pascal in 2015, its a 2016 card and being 6 months late doesn't affect hem when they are going in to production. TSMC has entered volume production on time for Nvidia to start pascal production on schedule. Nvidia has officially announced that, with the Pascal based Drive PX2 being produced and shipped to auto OEMS in April.

When pascal GPUs are released is no one really knows and to likely has many different factors, but TSMC is not one of them IMO. HBM2 looks to be a limiting factor for the big GP100 chips, so they might get delayed but it seems that Samsung is supplying HBM2 to Nvidia and Samsung is ahead of schedule. Maxwell cards are still selling extremely well, they have have been the most successful GPUs ever for Nvidia so I don't think Nvidia will be in a big hurry to kill off sales. Then there is the AMD factor. Nvidia's model has always to have the fastest card in existence out on the market, they wont want AMD releasing a mid-sized Polaris that is a little faster than a 980Ti. NVidia also don't want AMD to claw back any mobile and low-end market, Nvidia really want to dominate in this field since it is going the way of APUs/IGPU so hey don't want to be squeezed further.

At the most the TSMC delay may have contributed to Nvidia not showing Pascal chips int heir drive PX2 at CES, they only had a limited supply of engineering samples .

Associate
Oh why now Gibbo!!!?

Why'd you have to go and add an SSD only a week after I bought the previous offer? So unfair! :(

Can I have one anyway, I've been a loyal customer for years! :p

Associate
Sooooo out of interest where does the Far Cry Primal key come from? Because on the site it only shows The Division and the SSD as the "freebies".

EDIT: I see it, it is a part of an ASUS promotion where you no doubt register your serial number for the GPU for a key.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom