Free Satnav for your BlackBerry

J86

J86

Associate
OP
Yeah, I mainly posted this for Blackberry users as I believe its the best performing/free GPS available at the moment. Sorry to hear its not very good on Android though.

Soldato
Does this require a data connection? If so isn't it useless (to me) out of range or in other countries where high roaming charges might apply?

I'm looking for something that can import or convert .gpx files (garmin itinerary routes)

Last edited:
Associate
Pleased to say it works great on my Blackberry 9780 now. Only niggling thing is that it keeps asking for the activation code everytime I load the program so keep having to paste it in.

Apart from that, its the best BB sat nav ive come across. Its accurate, and the tracking is spot on. Good POS database built in. It covers the basics well such as Maccys, starbucks, and ATM's.

Speed camera database seems up to date as well. The only niggle is that the voice navigation doesnt go loud enough, but I can always hook it up to the car stereo speakers.

Its a little slow at planning your route with GPRS instead of 3G, but its manageable.

Soldato
Oops, sorry, my response was to Paul W - he never mentioned free:

"Apart from that, its the best BB sat nav ive come across"

I currently use sygic on android, but going to be checking this out, so cheers to the OP.

EDIT: it keeps telling me that calculating route is not in my subscription

Last edited:

J86

J86

Associate
OP
New Update

June 30, 2011
V5.4
This new version has just been uploaded to our download site.
It includes:
1. Full language support across all platforms – English/French/Italian/German/Hebrew/Russian.
2. New Features like 'Find my car' and 'Social networks' (Facebook & Twitter.
3. Enhanced nearby experience with known brands such as McDonalds , Starbucks, Pizza Hut, Subway…
4. Premium content from various providers per country, e.g. 'Wozzon' event guide in UK, 'Velib' bicycle locations in Paris, 'Rest' restaurant guide in Israel etc...

**Few thing though -
- Branded icons may appear on application screen but may not be active for real data - it is there to present general capabilities of the application for presale purposes.
- Adds may appear on the screen, however those are 'dummy' ads.
- Support in US & Canada is not full. you may find yourself looking for place in those areas, however no data will be found.

Supported devices:
• All Android devices
• BlackBerry Touch (9800, 9900)
• BlackBerry Onyx (9700)
• BlackBerry Bold (9000)
• BlackBerry Curve (9300)

J86

J86

Associate
OP
Just a quick bump for anyone that needs it.

Beta is now reopen and it is available for 9900 etc :)

Back
Top Bottom