Free Thomson car hire for Florida - what's not included

Associate
Going to Disney for 14 days in a few weeks time. The package through Thomsons includes "free" car hire for the 6 of us going which they confirmed was 1 single vehicle big enough for the 6 of us.

However, they also confirmed it excludes the necessary Collision Damage Waiver, Theft Cover, local fees/taxes etc. They were willing to offer these to us for £730 which seems like a lot of money for 14 days!

Anyone else have any experience of this? Don't want to be ripped off but equally want to make sure we have the cover we need!

Soldato
Seriously if it was me I would be looking to cancel the holiday based on possible disaster

Then again, I'm only going off the news

Soldato
He said in a few weeks time, Orlando will be back up and looking pretty by then as tourism is our biggest income here.

Not sure about the theft insurance, collision would be good to have, too many other tourists with no idea what they are doing :p

Soldato
He said in a few weeks time, Orlando will be back up and looking pretty by then as tourism is our biggest income here.

Not sure about the theft insurance, collision would be good to have, too many other tourists with no idea what they are doing :p

I take it you're not actually in Tampa right now? Looks like it's in the firing line along with much of the west coast :(

Associate
OP

This..... not going until mid Oct so reckon everything should be back to normal by then!

Back
Top Bottom