• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Freeing VRam On AMD GraphicCards Possible ?

Associate
As some of you might know, I picked up a Sapphire RX 570 8 Gig version. I'm currently working in Cinema 4D creating a mega cityscape scene for an animation project, but I'm finding that when I quit Cinema 4D that the modeled objects I've created are not showing up as they should after, nothing is showing up in fact even though all the objects are loaded.

So I was wondering if there was any utilities that might solve this issue, which I think might be something to do with the VRam of the graphics card not releasing it's memory. Turning the computer off and rebooting may solve it, but looking for away to avoid that.

Cheers..

Last edited:
Soldato
As some of you might know, I picked up a Sapphire RX 570 8 Gig version. I'm currently working in Cinema 4D creating a mega cityscape scene for an animation project, but I'm finding that when I quit Cinema 4D that the modeled objects I've created are not showing up as they should after, nothing is showing up in fact even though all the objects are loaded.

So I was wondering if there was any utilities that might solve this issue, which I think might be something to do with the VRam of the graphics card not releasing it's memory. Turning the computer off and rebooting may solve it, but looking for away to avoid that.

Cheers..

Vega 64 has HBCC for that specific purpose. I have no idea if that functionality exists on RX570. Check the graphic settings. If you see something with HBCC in wording, activate it.

Associate
OP
Vega 64 has HBCC for that specific purpose. I have no idea if that functionality exists on RX570. Check the graphic settings. If you see something with HBCC in wording, activate it.

Well, one learns something new every day, cause although I've probably scanned across at some point, I've not known what it refered to. Did a bit of reading online and it seems to use system memory, which for my use case, isn't ideal I don't think. 16 gigs of ram on Windows and 18 on Linux currently... What I did in Cinema 4D to recover the scene was to switch to LOD, low level of detail in the viewport menu and change down to wireframe mode. So it could be a viewport refresh thing and with C4D still holding stuff in memory.

Soldato
HBCC options let you reserve system ram as vram, but you can't manage what's actually in the memory afaik.

Software not releasing memory when closed is a symptom of a memory leak with that software.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom