Freemasonary....

Caporegime
Should've waited another year before necromancing, then we could at least talk about it being a 10 year bump.

(well alright, another 22 months)

???

something wrong with your maths... it is 2018 and the thread was started in summer 2008... that's only 6 months away from being 10 years

Soldato
It depends on the lodge as to exactly what they are up to, but if you research into the ceremonies such as the one mentioned in the OP, and compare them with those used in witchcraft, you will be surprised at how similar they are. Whether the individuals taken part in the ceremonies are aware of it or not, they are certainly under a heading I would describe as 'dodgey'!

I read the first 50 replies before realising that this was from 2008, but this post is just hilarious. If you believe in witchcraft, it's no surprise you think that Freemasons do anything other than sit around and **** each other off.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

It's historically a cult who live by the Old Testament laws and Gods. Reject Jesus etc. However in this increasingly transparent world they realise they can't operate like that anymore for fear of being exposed so have defaulted to "just being a men's club who raise money for charity".

Lol ok :rolleyes:

Soldato
I work for the Freemasons in Australia and as much as you guys like to slate them they do a huge amount of charitable work for the community.
I know of five different people who are Freemasons round here. They all give a LOT of money to charities. Two are convicted paedophiles while another is shagging a girl who, at almost 30 years his junior, is just sixteen... and her parents are quite happy about it.

But they give to charity, so it's all fine...

Soldato
I know of five different people who are Freemasons round here. They all give a LOT of money to charities. Two are convicted paedophiles
No they are not, they may be Freemasons or they may be convicted paedophiles but not both. Any conviction of that level would bar somebody from joining or force their resignation.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

No they are not, they may be Freemasons or they may be convicted paedophiles but not both. Any conviction of that level would bar somebody from joining or force their resignation.

+1.

Someone with an existing conviction of that nature would not be allowed to join (just, upright, and free men, of mature age, sound judgment, and strict morals) and if a conviction made while they are a member they would be asked to resign (it's not really an option to refuse).

They only scenario where the scenario illustrated by ttaskmaster may occur is if the conviction is spent and they have thus not declared it and no member of the lodge is aware, but that's not a scenario unique to Freemasonry.

Pertinent read

Associate
This thread is a great way that people often either jump on the trolling bandwagon or run scared when they are talking about stuff which they no diddly about..

Shame really, the Masons and lodges I know are predominantly older gents yeah, but they do a lot of work for charities and not just masonic ones. Local hospices and hospitals etc.

Haters gotta hate..

Soldato
You heard it here first folks, ttaskmaster rubs shoulders and shakes hands with paedophiles. I'd keep my eye on him if I were you.
Not through choice, mind.
Reading has (or certainly at one time had) the UK's highest number of paedophiles released into the community. Chances are you'll bump into a couple just on your way through the High Street.

Is/was, whichever the case may be.
With one of them, I can only assume his resignation was forced. It certainly went like wildfire round the social circles he was in.
And yet the two of morally questionable practice plus, another who is just an ass, do still show up late to certain social gatherings every Monday night, all dressed in the same suit with the same tie... and the Ass is definitely still a member. So either they're all still off up the Lodge, or Convict and Kiddie Romance are just the drivers and have to wait outside...?
They certainly don't like being questioned about it!!

They only scenario where the scenario illustrated by ttaskmaster may occur is if the conviction is spent and they have thus not declared it and no member of the lodge is aware, but that's not a scenario unique to Freemasonry.
The offender I'm most familiar with was quite publicly reported in local media and occurred while he was still a member, so the Lodge must have known about it. I don't recall the exact sentence, but it was in months, so it may now be 'spent' - Would that prohibit reapplication for membership, or is it the Grand Secretary's decision?

This thread is a great way that people often either jump on the trolling bandwagon or run scared when they are talking about stuff which they no diddly about.
Not hating or anything like that.
Our local lot just has a bit of a reputation, is all. For such supposedly upstanding gentlemen, quite a few really don't act like it!
In fact, only one of those five with whom I'm accquainted is anything like an upstanding chap.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

The offender I'm most familiar with was quite publicly reported in local media and occurred while he was still a member, so the Lodge must have known about it. I don't recall the exact sentence, but it was in months, so it may now be 'spent' - Would that prohibit reapplication for membership, or is it the Grand Secretary's decision?

A sentence only lasting months for being convicted of paedophilia? Something isn't adding up.

Caporegime
A sentence only lasting months for being convicted of paedophilia? Something isn't adding up.

I don't think anyone gets "convicted of paedophilia" - that's just a mental disorder some people have not a crime in itself. People get convicted of crimes relating to it. Presumably those who have say dodgy pictures but haven't actually molested anyone could be convicted and serve a few months while also being described as paedophiles.

Back
Top Bottom