Freesync Query

Associate
Hi All,

Just a quick question, As I cannot afford the new RTX range of cards I am going to switch back to AMD again :/ If I get a freesync monitor to compliment this should I get a 144hz version or is 60-75hz ok.

It's all getting a tad expensive for this poor old chap these days.

Soldato
Depends what games you play really and what kind of monitor you're looking at. Always a compromise to be made somewhere.

Soldato
My hope (price permitting) is to upgrade from my GTX780 to a vega 64 and a 1440 monitor as the Nvidia/G-Sync option is astronomically expensive.

So a Vega 64 (new) is going to be about £440-50 based on current pricing. How much does that leave you for a monitor?

Associate
I’m in a similar position, currently have a RX480 and was going to switch to Nvidia when the new cards came out but I’m not paying the crazy prices they are charging so will get another AMD card at some point.

Been looking at 1440p IPS freesync monitors and I am currently between the Iiyama XUB2792QSU (75hz) and the Acer XF270HUA (144hz). The Acer is about £100 more and it’s really hard to tell how much different the extra hz make without seeing them side by side.

Associate
I was in a very similar situation, i could afford it but there was no way i was paying that for a graphics card. Along with the additional 300 + for a good G Sync monitor.

I went with the Vega 64 for £450 and got the below monitor for under £400

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...rved-widescreen-gaming-monitor-mo-005-ms.html

More than happy with what i have now and the picture / experience is incredible.

Soldato
£300 max (my accountant/wife is a bit tight these days) :/

I think it would be best if you could find a little bit more to put towards a monitor and ensure you get Freesync 2 and LFC.... it is superior, although there aren't too many monitors with it at present.

At £300 it seems the vast majority of the options are crappy TN panels, although if you're into fast twitch shooters and need that response time, maybe that will suffice.

The BenQ EX3203R is worth a look, and the Samsung CHG70.

Back
Top Bottom