Freeview USB dongles

Associate
Did a quick search to see if someone had already asked a similar thing, but to no avail, so i will ask myself :)

the USB freeview TV reciever thingies... im gonna buy one soon for at uni, cus CBA paying for TV license, so basically... Will they work on standard XP? all ive seen about so far on websites is compatibility with XP media centre, and Vista... nothing about standard XP pro..

has anyone else used these before? are they good?

:)

Soldato
Tonk3h said:
Did a quick search to see if someone had already asked a similar thing, but to no avail, so i will ask myself :)

the USB freeview TV reciever thingies... im gonna buy one soon for at uni, cus CBA paying for TV license, so basically... Will they work on standard XP? all ive seen about so far on websites is compatibility with XP media centre, and Vista... nothing about standard XP pro..

has anyone else used these before? are they good?

:)

Yes, most of them would work in XP Pro.

You might be best off with a freeview PCI card rather than a dongle, it'd be faster and better signal.

Caporegime
lsg1r said:
You still need a license, its covered in the t&c's of the license, although I know a couple of people who got away with it :)
No, actually you don't. Well not if its going on a laptop, a truely portable TV with its own power (ie laptop battery) doesn't need a license.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Craig321 said:
You might be best off with a freeview PCI card rather than a dongle, it'd be faster and better signal.

Na mate :)

The signal quality is exactly the same and the speed is exactly the same.

When I upgraded my mobo I had to sell my Leadtek Winfast PCI DTV1000T and get the USB2 version of the same card - I was pleasantly surprised, same software, same speed and same quality.

Now on Vista though so don't use the software, Media Centre does it all :)

Associate
OP
ok cheers guys :) and i think ill get a usb one, so its easier to remove when one of the TV license dudes comes round :p

Back
Top Bottom