Freezing and display cut out issue on new build

Soldato
Hi Guys,

I finally got my rig up and running however I have an irritating intermittent freezing issue, and a display issue where my screen goes black and I get the following message...

I've downloaded and installed the latest drivers but the problem still persists... does anyone have any advice to resolve this frustrating little issue!

Soldato
other things to try :

- remove any overclocking on the GPU, and maybe CPU.
- switch it all off, reseat the card, and the power connectors.
- Check temperatures in case there is a problem.
- Check in the device manager for any conflict / missing drivers (yellow icons on devices).
- uninstall drivers, and re-install.
- check Windows event logs for anything happening (the driver recovery event should be logged there too).
- It's possible the problem occurs when the card goes into low energy mode. Dunno how to fix or check for this.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
other things to try :

- remove any overclocking on the GPU, and maybe CPU.
- switch it all off, reseat the card, and the power connectors.
- Check temperatures in case there is a problem.
- Check in the device manager for any conflict / missing drivers (yellow icons on devices).
- uninstall drivers, and re-install.
- check Windows event logs for anything happening (the driver recovery event should be logged there too).
- It's possible the problem occurs when the card goes into low energy mode. Dunno how to fix or check for this.

I've just flashed the Bios and things seem a good bit smoother, touch wood the problem doesn't persist....

Had no overclocked settings, it was a brand new build as of this morning, There are no yellow exclamation marks in device manager

Back
Top Bottom