Freezing problem.

Associate
It's my sig rig, bought all components from OCuk, recently sent the mobo for RMA technicians said it passed all tests so that must be fine.

I have ran Memtest which passed all my RAM sticks each time.
I have ran Prime which also passed tests. I have also tested my GPU with furmark (Any other tests I could give it ?) and It seems to be pretty fine. I have tested HDDs with HDTune and swapped them for other HDDs both IDE/Sata I have put my PSU on my other machine and It seemed to work ok, I'm not sure how I would test that but it didn't make my other pc crash.

Now I'm able to game for hours and It won't crash, But sometimes the system locks up and I have to turn it off via plug or switch on the PSU, It crashes when the system is idle or maybe when I'm browsing some other times in games before but not since I have had my mobo back from RMA.

I'm not sure what else I can do.

Associate
OP
and I forgot to mention Everything is stock, no overclock. System temps are HDD 30c CPU 42c Mobo 37c GPU 50c. That's idle temps, It's not normally as high but the room is currently pretty warm.

Permabanned
Firstly you need to make your sig fit on 4 lines, read the FAQ if necessary
Secondly what O/S is it youre running? and on reboot do you get any error reporting? check the error log if its vista/w7

Associate
OP
Nope I do not get errors reporting It just boots up normally. like when you merely just "restart" your computer. Nothing in the event logs either. I check them all the time, And I'm using Windows 7 ultimate. (x64)

Associate
OP
Ahh I just found them was looking in the wrong part.

there are 15 critical all saying the shut down thing.

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 24/08/2009 23:37:40
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: ZoooM
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-08-24T22:37:40.644812500Z" />
<EventRecordID>4373</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>ZoooM</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Associate
I was having similar issues with my i5 / P55 motherboard. Seemingly running fine in games & benchmarks, but crashing and freezing during idle / web-browsing. After stripping everything down I noticed a burnt CPU socket pin:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18084875

I'm pretty the freezing was down to the Intel Speedstep technology down-clocking the CPU cores at idle, and switching voltages - killing the PC due to the busted voltage pin. Obviously running games and benchmarks keeps the cores at a stead maximum clock and voltage.

Did you definitely check all of the pins when your motherboard was returned?

Seeing as my PC would run for minutes or hours before crashing, I can only presume it's possible for RMA technicians to complete testing. I wouldn't imagine they set up your motherboard and browsed the internet for a few hours!

Back
Top Bottom