Freezing problem

Associate
When I play games, eg CoD5, I seem to get periods where the game freezes and the only way to resume is to cont+alt+del and go back in.

Spec

Processor - Intel Core i7 920 D0
Mobo - Asus Rampage II Extreme Intel X58 Motherboard
RAM - Corsair XMS3 2GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz DDR3 x3 (6GB)
GFX Card - BFG GeForce GTX 285 OCX 1024MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
O/S HDD - Corsair P128 128GB SATAII Solid State Hard Drive 128MB Cache
Data HDD - Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB SATA-II 32MB Cache
P/S - Corsair 750W HX Modular PSU
Optical Drive - Samsung SH-S222L/BEBE 22x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer Lightscibe Drive
CPU Heatsink - Prolimatech Megahalems Performance CPU Cooler
^--- Akasa AK-FN057 Apache Super Silent 120mm Fan (Push Pull)
O/S - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium - W/ Windows 7 Upgrade - 64-bit
Monitor - Samsung SM2433BW 24" TFT Monitor
Case - Silverstone RV02 Raven 2 Case

I have removed the graphics card drivers, ran driver sweeper and reinstalled...stuck what to do next..any ideas?

cheers

Associate
OP
Im using the most up to date drivers from nvidia website, I will uninstall them again and try those on the disk

Associate
OP
sorry, didnt see about your bios qestion

I bought the OC'd bundle from overclockers which crashes at its 4ghzs overclock so ive got it back to stock until they send me a new config out, i havnt updated the bios as i didnt know if it would wipe the overclocked profile already set? or now as i need a new config does it not matter?

Associate
sorry, didnt see about your bios qestion

I bought the OC'd bundle from overclockers which crashes at its 4ghzs overclock so ive got it back to stock until they send me a new config out, i havnt updated the bios as i didnt know if it would wipe the overclocked profile already set? or now as i need a new config does it not matter?

If they're sending you the OC config, then, you don't need to update the bios.

Associate
OP
is there anythign in particular I should look out for in the Event Viewer?

Only put this computer together on Friday and it says

279 Errors
1697 Warnings

Associate
is there anythign in particular I should look out for in the Event Viewer?

Only put this computer together on Friday and it says

279 Errors
1697 Warnings

Errors always a good place to look. Look to see what coincides with the freezes. Take a screenshot of the error page if you want.

Associate
OP
The problem still persists after installing the drivers from the CD, in other games..walls flicker and glitch :/

Just ran cod till it froze and checked the Event Log and found under Information, "Win32k - Application CoDWaWmp.exe locked the primary surface 3 time(s)." 27/09/2009 20:04:03

As for in the error log, nothing seems to have been set

Any more ideas?

Associate
OP
it happens on multiple games though, its not specific to CoD 5...just flickering scenary and flashing bits ect :/

Soldato
it happens on multiple games though, its not specific to CoD 5...just flickering scenary and flashing bits ect :/

Sound's like it's clocked too far, try resetting it to the default core/shader and memory speeds for a standard GTX285 rather than the OCX and see if it behaves itself. If it does you should consider RMA'ing it as it was sold with a guarenteed facory overclock.

Back
Top Bottom