****Fresh random image thread (with rule addition)Every post MUST contain an image!****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
bq4f57006f.jpg

Lum

Lum

Soldato
So, Microsoft have released a handy utility that creates a bootable CD or USB with a virus scanner on it, and anybody is allowed to use it.

Since work forces us to run Symantec Endpoint (basically the corporate version of Norton), and previously forced us to run McAfee, I figured I'd run this CD and see what happened:

Yay_for_symantec.jpg

The second one is a keylogger from 2010 and the third one is spyware from 2009. Neither McAfee or Symantec ever noticed these.

Edit: Added a link to the utility.

Last edited:

Art

Art

Associate
So, Microsoft have released a handy utility that creates a bootable CD or USB with a virus scanner on it, and anybody is allowed to use it.

Since work forces us to run Symantec Endpoint (basically the corporate version of Norton), and previously forced us to run McAfee, I figured I'd run this CD and see what happened:

The second one is a keylogger from 2010 and the third one is spyware from 2009. Neither McAfee or Symantec ever noticed these.

I have that exact same problem at work. The response of the IT guy to "we can't keep our machines virus free" is inevitably "OK, I'll install Symantec Endpoint on it." :rolleyes:

Didn't know about the CD though! I'll have to give that a go so I can stop surripticiously installing alternatives...

smg26d.jpg

Associate
25hl8xz.jpg

lol.

Anyone that doesn't get it, the eeepad transformer is a tablet with attachable keyboard that sort of makes it into a laptop.

The bloke on the right is holding the keyboard part of it. Which does absolutely nothing on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom