****Fresh random image thread (with rule addition)Every post MUST contain an image!****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Even if the user is at fault for using the same password on multiple things, no decent service should ever cut corners with keeping customer details secure. The people who design these security systems need to think about the users who will be using them, and lots of users are idiots with poor password management, so the IT guy designing the security stuff should take that into account when designing it and not just throw out some rubbish system rather than doing it right.

It's not complicated to do it properly, and any decent IT degree will cover topics like this. If you are going to do it, do it right.

UdvdJ.png

Soldato
Nonsense, that blog is one massive masturbatory hyperbole ridden scaremongering sack of rubbish - and then people like you come along and condense it into a sentence and misrepresent it even further.

So they store their passwords and they're just encrypted, big deal. It's a password for a supermarket it's not that important. If you're using the same password for anything else then it's not Tesco that are the weakest link, and if they do send you out a password reminder of your unencrypted password and by some chance someone can get access.. I can't see a way to easily monetise that given to spend any money with them you'd need the 3 digit security number, verified by visa or mastercard securecode.

There's far too much financial/password scaremongering goes on and irresponsible Hunts like Troy invariably have a vested interest in security hysteria.

Huh..? What a joke. So it's ok for massive companies to have lax security because the people using it should know better? All those old biddies, and house wives get what they deserve!

It's security 101 to properly store your passwords... You can't possibly blame their user base for their laziness and lax attitude toward it. No company regardless of their service should do this.

When people do crime on the internet the weakest point in the chain is always the customer, and it's always the customer that gives their login details out.

Correct, which is why companies shouldn't cut corners and make it even easier for their customers details to be compromised. My job at the moment is writing a bespoke site, for use on a secure network only, used only by a few technical users. And I'd be in serious **** if I pulled the same stunt.

whut.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom