****Fresh random image thread (with rule addition)Every post MUST contain an image!****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
prowheeliecyclefreaky12.png

Soldato
Cool new thread! Gilly any chance on the new rules you could provide a quick explanation to what hot linking is to cover all your bases for people not knowing what it is :) (as someones done it 3 times probably not deliberately)

oh and

2mb is a little excessive

Gilly

Commissario
internetboss.jpg

Semi random image from my comments folder :p (seems suitable for this thread)

"Hotlinking", directly linking to images hosted on other sites that are not expressly for that purpose (such as imageshack etc).
This is because:
1: It's considered rude.
2: Some site owners get quite upset about it.
2A: Some sites have measures in place that replace the hotlinked image with something very unpleasant if the person viewing it doesn't have a suitable cookie showing they have been to the site the image is from.

It's primarily 2 and 2A that have us implimenting the no hotlinking rule, in the former case to try to avoid problems for other sites, and in the latter as we will suspend people if the image displayed is unsuitable for the forums, even if it wasn't their intent (users are responsible for making sure stuff they post on here falls within the rules).

Associate
Cool new thread! Gilly any chance on the new rules you could provide a quick explanation to what hot linking is to cover all your bases for people not knowing what it is :) (as someones done it 3 times probably not deliberately)

oh and

2mb is a little excessive

Gilly

Any chance of specifying a maximum file size limit Gilly?
That would make it clear for everybody.

outpost1024x819.jpg

Soldato
taurenmarine.jpg

With proper moderation, not only do I see a large number of suspensions occurring until the rules actually sink in, but I also foresee a huge number of completely stupid images being posted..

Oh dear.. oh dear oh dear..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom