• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

From AMD to Nvidia

Permabanned
OP
Only real thing i ever ntoiced was ati's colours being brighter and more pleasing to the eye, thats about it. Very noticable in a game like TF2 for example.
Yeh TF2 is a game I play allot and the difference is noticeable and even more so with the best form of AA on, in a game like BF3 for example its not that noticeable atall.

Slightly contradictory. It's easy to notice but not a big difference....

Why on earth would I care if you're a total fanboy or not? Where does that even fit into this debate? I detest the term fanboy when talking about graphics cards. It's mental.

I'm not annoyed at all. I don't care what you spent your money on but I just think you're over doing the critique. Enjoy your card.

You're well over emphasising the impact of the different forms of AA. I notice them as well if I look hard but not to the extent you're hinting at. If this isn't correct and you do feel they're small differences then rein in the rhetoric :p

I'm not being over critique atall and I am more than enjoying my card... and enjoying it much more than my 7970, How am I being a critic? I was just wondering if anyone knows a way to get better SSAA, just because there are a few negative points doesn't mean its bad or that you cant enjoy it, or your not allowed to talk about it or try and find a solution, nothing is perfect.
Its better than getting something new and pretending everything is perfect and completely ignoring a few small bad points and not having a go at solving them.

Im not over emphasising anything, it is what it is and the difference is clear, I just think you don't like to hear anything you don't want to for some reason?

This isn't or wasn't meant to be a debate like your trying to make/made it. Its just the differences between the cards I found and sharing it and the fact I much prefer Nvidia now for games, but also wondering if anyone knows a way to get better SSAA which I think is possible. But with people liek you trying to argue or make it a stupid debate people that actually may have a solution would probably avoid the thread.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeh TF2 is a game I play allot and the difference is noticeable and even more so with the best form of AA on, in a game like BF3 for example its not that noticeable atall.

Truthfully.. I play TF2 on an ENGT240... TF2 is not really a game I play for the graphics if Im honest and especially with my card being so out of date.. I suppose I don't really play games for graphics anyway.. I play them to enjoy them..

Permabanned
I went from plenty of ATI / AMD graphics setup to an Nvidia, and other than having faster than previous cards I noticed 0% visual difference.

Oh wait, apart from playing Alice Madness Returns with Physx enabled, then the Nvidia setup was 1000x better looking.

I agree with you. I want to go Nvidia this time around, but then a thread like this appears..

And a thread like this is best ignored.

Permabanned
Must say coming from a 9800gt and a gtx 460 to my 6950 the colours in games like TF2 are better and so is overall IQ but nvidia is better for making the experience feel smoother.

Permabanned
OP
Must say coming from a 9800gt and a gtx 460 to my 6950 the colours in games like TF2 are better and so is overall IQ but nvidia is better for making the experience feel smoother.

Exactly my thoughts, as are many other people's.

I much prefer Nvidia for games though, definitely smoother.

But there will always be thos who just flat out bum Nvidia like its some super model, No guys its just a GPU! So what if its got hairy toes!

Associate
I came from a 5850 to sli GTX 460's back in the day, and I do agree ATI's colour palit does indeed seem to be a lot more colourful and somehow more detailed, for example on Space pictures of a Sun creating a CME.

Even with digital vibrance, colours are still a lot better than default, specially games like Witcher and BF3 just look fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom