Front panel connectors help

Soldato
Right, i have an asus P5B vanilla and a recently acquired XaserIII case. My main problem is i have no idea how to wire up the fron panel connectors. I can do the power button, HDD light and that lot, they're easy cos they're labellled!
What i cant do is the usb ports etc on the top, as they have loads of little connectors with lables that make no sense.
The asus instruction manual is absolutely no help at all, so can someone please tell me/point me in the dirtection of a guide that shows me in laymans terms which connector goes to where on my motherboard?

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers

Caporegime
What do the connectors say on them? Cause it will be easier our end to tell you how to connect them up to the board....

But normally you will have something like V+(Reg wire), a "-" wire, a "+" wire, then a ground wire which is normally black.

If you look at the usb pins on your board, there will be 9 pins, with one pin not present if that makes sense.

Basically the end opposite to where there isnt a pin, you put one of the V+(red wire) connectors, then out the "-" connector below that, then the "+" connector, then finally the ground connector (black normally)...There should either be one pin on the board left over, or the space where there isnt a pin...

If the above doesent make sense say so and ill try to draw a picture :p

Soldato
OP
Right i'll write out what the pins are:

I have a group of 7 pins grouped together in one wire. The pins say:
GND
EAR L
EAR L
EAR R
EAR R
MIC-VGC
MIC IN

And on the other wire i have the pins that say:
VG
TPB+
TPA -
TPB-
GND
TPA+
VP
GND

I assume the first lot are for the mic slot and the second lot for the audio out.

In the manual it says:
AGND
MIC2_L
NC
MIC2_R
NC
NC
Line out_L
NC

So i have no idea what goes where and i seem to have too many pins for the MB. What you say makes sense if my wires actaully have the same names lol

Caporegime
Go on the asus site and download the latest manual if you can. I had a look on there for what i think is your board and its got the pin layouts for the audio, fire wire, and the usb...

Is there any cables in your case which say usb on them? Cause the ones you listed are just for the audio and firewire i believe.

Permabanned
I'm pretty sure your motherboard came with a packet of things called Q-Connectors? These will be labelled with the correct places for each of your pins, and then just fit onto the motherboard.

Soldato
OP
I've worked out the USB connectors, they're all plugged in and working, its just the audio and firewire that im struggling with.
Above i've posted all the wires etc, and the corresponding ones on the MB, i just need to know which corresponds with which

Caporegime
I drew a picture, i think that will be how you need to put the pins onto the motherboard.

You should have two "out" pins, and two "in" pins as well...The diagram will explain it a bit better...

Back
Top Bottom